i bought this bass for like it was either $40-$80 at a pawn shop not long ago, plays pretty nice and solid sounds great however i have no idea what it actually is it doesnt say on it perhapse its shape will ring a bell to someone?

Side note: it also has what i think is the truss rod adjust bolt on the the plate where the screws that connect the body and the neck are (no idea what its called)
Quote by b56748
where the screws that connect the body and the neck are (no idea what its called)

Its called the heel.

My initial thought was a Slammer by Hamer Precision copy with a painted-over headstock, but the headstock looks a little to slim for it to be that and the tuners would be incorrect.

It's likely just a cheap Precision Bass copy, there's tons of them out there under all kinds of different obscure brand names. If it plays nice and sounds decent then for $40 you did pretty good.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
thanks for tellin me what thats called, things really heavy too like 10 pounds? maybe 11? heavier than most basses ive handled at stores, i think someone mayhave changed the pickups on it as well being that they cant be adjusted (purhapse the previous mayhave changed them but left out the springs) thanks again.
As a Precision bass knockoff, it does not surprise me that it is heavy. Without some identifying mark, the headstock is not distinctive enough to be sure who made it. But it looks like a solid P-Bass copy, so if it sounds good and plays well; then by all means enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley