This seems very bizarre, especially the end where a family friend offering to adopt the child was denied such. I don't really see why next of kin should be inherently contacted, but when someone acting as such forces the contact I don't see any reason for which the court could have for outright dismissing it. I do feel that the article seems a little less than objective, and, if he's who I'm thinking of, Colin Freeman isn't the best journalist, but still it seems a bit crazy.

oh and inb4 brad
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
The C-section (is crazy but) isn't as bad as keeping the child because she might relapse. That's pretty ridiculous.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
I don't think the c-section is the bizarre part really. The child must have been almost at full term and it would be crueler to have the woman, who had already been sectioned, deliver the baby and then take it away and not let her see it (a sectioned lady can hardly act as a mother while she is sectioned).

As you say, the keeping of the child is the part that is hardest to understand.

edit: v I agree.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Dec 1, 2013,
there's clearly some information that hasnt been released yet
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
The article is way too light on details. How extreme was her mental instability?
Check out my band Disturbed
I skimmed some and saw the line "it will be raised in Parliment" and for a second thought it meant the baby ( I quickly figured it out). That would be a good sitcom. All of Parliment trying to raise a baby and run a country at the same time.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
I skimmed some and saw the line "it will be raised in Parliment" and for a second thought it meant the baby ( I quickly figured it out). That would be a good sitcom. All of Parliment trying to raise a baby and run a country at the same time.

I'd watch that.
Quote by lolmnt
All of Parliment trying to raise a baby and run a country at the same time.

For Britain it's the same thing.
This is a GUITAR AND MUSIC website.
Anyone else want to keep random news/political posts off this site ?
Last edited by Iplaymusik at Dec 1, 2013,
Quote by Iplaymusik

The Pit
The forum for general discussion of topics that don't fit into the other forums.

Shut up.
Quote by Iplaymusik

This is the Pit, if you want valuable guitar/music threads then look in their corresponding sub-forums.
Quote by Iplaymusik

The sad thing is, you joined in 2007 and still don't get it.
Quote by StewieSwan

Says a man from a country nearly 2 millennia younger than Britain
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Says a man from a country nearly 2 millennia younger than Britain

Younger and richer
Quote by StewieSwan

Yep. And in America we elect the babies to Congress!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Iplaymusik

Have you never been in The Pit before?
That's unusual. There aren't many details but I guess she probably wouldn't stop screaming/ranting or attacking people/herself somehow?

Strange though because mood swings are pretty standard for pregnant women, plus in more recent years I've seen people screaming/ranting/dancing/hitting others both jokingly and seriously in public all the time and it's not a big deal. It's none of my business.
Strange, and it just seems wrong. More the keeping the baby part, that sees horrific. I can't imagine what the woman mist have felt when she woke up and was told that her baby was take like that and that they wouldn't give it back. What the hell?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Wow. The whole thing is f*cked up as it is, but the fact that she did not even get to present her case before a decision was made makes it 10 times worse. I wonder how many human rights violations occurred in this whole episode.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
1. Why the hell did she phone the police after a panic attack? Wrong emergency services, lady.
2. Why did the authorities not contact her family like you are supposed to?
3. How could a council be allowed to decide what was in her best interests? Again, should have contacted her family.

Even if she was a complete crazy lunatic, this should not have happened.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by lolmnt

i thought at first that you just meant to lift it and look at it like in the lion king
See this is why America is better than Europe. We don't have dozens of civil rights violations on a daily.basis.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Communists.

Kapitalists would have done the same, but they would have sold the baby afterwards.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by JackSaints
1. Why the hell did she phone the police after a panic attack? Wrong emergency services, lady.
2. Why did the authorities not contact her family like you are supposed to?
3. How could a council be allowed to decide what was in her best interests? Again, should have contacted her family.

Even if she was a complete crazy lunatic, this should not have happened.

Yeah, she was probably in a pretty rational state of mind during her panic attack

Just another case of the English being racists.
Quote by lolmnt

All of Parliment trying to raise a baby and all Bootsy Collins wants to do is play bass.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
All of Parliment trying to raise a baby and all Bootsy Collins wants to do is play bass.

I don't know the full circumstances. So if there was a legitimate chance the child would die or develop a crippling disorder if they didn't act as they did, then that's one thing. But as it is, it seems to me like forcing a C-section is no better than forcing an abortion. Because honestly, it doesn't matter if someone has religious opposition to one and not the other (though there are many groups against C-sections), it's the government forcing a non-elective, invasive surgery. Which seems totally not cool.

Not surprised Todd's okay with it though
Quote by cliff_em_all

Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst