Page 1 of 2
http://www.feelguide.com/2013/04/29/75-years-in-th-making-harvard-just-released-its-epic-study-on-what-men-require-to-live-a-happy-life/

JFK was a study participant but his files have been sealed until 2040. If you'd like an article that delves a bit deeper, here's one from the Atlantic.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

'As you can imagine, the study’s discoveries are bountiful, but the most significant finding of all is that “Alcoholism is a disorder of great destructive power.”'

Shocker.

I have big reservations about these kinds of studies, but this is quite nifty.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by LostLegion
What makes men happy:

tits and money

You need to have some hard data to back that claim up. Perhaps some illustrations are in order.
Quote by LostLegion
What makes men happy:
tits and money

Ass and titties, ass ass and titties.
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
This study is of course parallel to the study men have been doing since the beginning of existence to find out what makes women happy. So far, we've found nothing.

... I think I'm turning into some shitty comedy hack. Quick, get me to Just for Laughs!
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
ITT : People who don't find longitudinal studies interesting
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
ITT : People who don't find longitudinal studies interesting

That's like east and west yeah? I quite prefer latitudinal studies myself.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Boobs, beer, bacon.

Now you know why Muslims blow themselves up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Cb4rabid
blowjobs, beer and money make me pretty satisfied

Why do people put blowjobs when they can put full on intercourse?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon

Blowjobs are presidential.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I like and can respect categorizing things and putting numbers behind them, but all that work just to tell me more money meant happier lives? i already knew that.
Quote by Nero Galon

Because intercourse is pleasurable for women whereas receiving a blowjob denies the woman that pleasure which makes it inherently better.
This article isn't in the form "<insert number> ways to improve your life" therefore I can not read it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I like and can respect categorizing things and putting numbers behind them, but all that work just to tell me more money meant happier lives? i already knew that.

There was much more than that
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
There was much more than that

It was a bunch of causation =/= correlation. That suggested men with more money have warmer relationships. Why? Because they moved out to California?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
It was a bunch of causation =/= correlation. That suggested men with more money have warmer relationships. Why? Because they moved out to California?

It said people with warmer relationships on average made higher incomes. There's really no way to tag which factor is causal, the warmth or incomes. Some of the data having to do with warmer relationships and higher income had to do with participants' relationships with their mothers, current and as a child.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
It said people with warmer relationships on average made higher incomes. There's really no way to tag which factor is causal, the warmth or incomes. Some of the data having to do with warmer relationships and higher income had to do with participants' relationships with their mothers, current and as a child.

I was expecting something along the lines of a guideline to happier lives. But i cant go and change my childhood and mom ect.
It said liberals have sex well into their 80s. who wants to have sex with an 80 year old ew.
So it said men want success, sex, money, to be providers, to be loved, and to be healthy.

I think a study on women would come out much the same to be honest. This is just what would make a fundamental homo sapien sapien happy.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I was expecting something along the lines of a guideline to happier lives. But i cant go and change my childhood and mom ect.

The study also showed many cases of people either having an awesome childhood/adolescence and spiraling downward through the rest of life OR people who had shitty childhood/adolescent relations that were absolved later in life due to personal decisions
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Emptiiness
It said liberals have sex well into their 80s. who wants to have sex with an 80 year old ew.

Are you 14?? Other 80 year olds probably want to have sex with each other. I would rather have sex with an 80 year old than a 14 year old as a 22 year old female. Also everyone is entitled to find pleasure by appropriate means, regardless of age.

Quote by Seref
So it said men want success, sex, money, to be providers, to be loved, and to be healthy.

I think a study on women would come out much the same to be honest. This is just what would make a fundamental homo sapien sapien happy.

I agree; unfortunately nobody did that study
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by LostLegion
What makes men happy:
tits and money

Ass and titties, ass ass and titties.
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
I think a study on what makes men angry would be better.

I think it comes down to insecurity with their dick size because that is the one thing that they dont have control over. What else would piss people off that much? Why arepeople always so angry?
Long tedious studies in such a subject are not accurate at describing reality, in those 75 years human civilization has undergone a great change- so did male and female values, those that determine whether or not you should consider yourself "happy".
Notice how because "Men" is the signifying term, you guys are posting shit like 'ass and titties'. Most of the stuff that makes men's lives happy is probably the same as any other gender, and it's not as if this study compares men with anyone else, but rather simply limits the test group to the male sex. Titties don't even apply to gay dudes - you guys are simply posting based off of hetero-normative suggestions that society has given you to attribute to 'men'. Ass and titties have probably inflicted as much sadness in most of you as happiness.

Quote by Dreadnought
More like boringtudinal study

I'm a nerd. I like talking about experimental design.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Ass and titties have probably inflicted as much sadness in most of you as happiness.

you take that back
pinga
Quote by Dreadnought
Was there a wide variety of professions sampled?

"The Grant Study is a 75-year longitudinal study of two socially different cohorts: 237 physically and mentally healthy Harvard college sophomores from the classes of 1939-1944, and a second cohort of 332 disadvantaged non-delinquent inner-city youths who grew up in Boston neighborhoods between 1940 and 1945.[1] The subjects were all male, white and of American nationality."

I imagine there would be a plenty variety in profession, especially over such a long timespan when even individual professions are highly subject to change. One issue, though, is that every participant is white - this is obviously due to the time period in which the study began.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Other 80 year olds probably want to have sex with each other. I would rather have sex with an 80 year old than a 14 year old as a 22 year old female. Also everyone is entitled to find pleasure by appropriate means, regardless of age.

No that's not true, and dumb. Having sex with an 80 year old is necrophilia.
Quote by severed-metal

No, I'm pretty sure they have to be dead first... I've met 80 year olds who are probably healthier than you are.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by severed-metal

Are you just trying to troll? You really think two 80-year-olds shouldn't have sex with each other, or that if I found an 80-year-old hot that I can't have sex with him/her?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2