My current amp may be broken so i'm looking for possible replacements.

Budget - below £150

Genres - Alt. rock/Stoner Rock, Something along the lines of QOTSA

Preferably new

Will be used for gigs

Closest city - Belfast

Current gear - Guitars: Skylark S Type, Epiphone Firebird, Epiphone Dot 335.
Pedals: Behringer FD300 Ultra Feedback/Distortion Effects Pedal, Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal.
my closest city is belfast too.

wait no it's not, it's armagh. that's even more depressing.

initial thoughts are you might be struggling with that budget, unless you mean small gigs. is the budget flexible at all? if it's not, no worries, but there's only so much we can do with a fairly low budget, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its a combo amp.

The highest I'm willing to raise my budget to is £300 and by gigs i mean small gigs but at the minute, mainly for practice with the band.
Jet City JCA22h and a Harley Benton G212vintage if its in your budget. If not the JCA2212 combo would be worth a look
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1

assuming it works for alt rock/stoner rock (I don't play that). But jet city is hard to beat for the price it goes for. thomann is probably the easiest place to get it from since you're in NI- jet city has a UK store with similar prices on the heads, but the postage might be more to NI (not sure on that, don't quote me). thomann's postage is free, and you can also get the harley benton g212 vintage cabinet if you go the head route.

EDIT: the 50 watt 1x12 combo (the 1x12 is most likely the one you want, it's more aimed at higher gain tones) or the 20 watt (2-channel, you want the 2-channel version) combos are both under budget. Take your pick.

A speaker swap down the line wouldn't hurt- I like the eminence v12 (~£50).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 1, 2013,
The head and cab would be too expensive unfortunately. £300 in total is the highest im willing to go as i need money for more pedals and another guitar.
yeah the combos are under budget

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca2212_guitar_combo.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca5012_combo.htm

Up to you which to go for- the 50 will have more headroom so might work for bigger gigs. but the loop in the 20 watter is in a better place in the circuit and allegedly sounds slightly better (i've only tried the 50 watt head, that's why i say "allegedly"). The 20 watter is also much lighter- I'm a wuss but 28 kg with one handle is a nightmare if you ask me, 17.6 kg is a lot nicer.

But if you're playing bigger gigs and don't mind weight, the 50 might make more sense. you might run out of headroom with the 20.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 1, 2013,
i reckon i'll go with the 50, but i'll wait and see what happens with my current amp. thanks for the help
no worries

just bear in mind- your credit card is liable to rook you slightly on the exchange rate. so don't take the price thomann quotes in pounds as gospel, it'll probably be a bit more than that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

yeah but they might notice. I mean it shouldn't be too much more, but it could be an extra £20, kind of thing. It also pays to check XE.com as thomann only updates its exchange rate every couple of days and could be out of date if currency trading is volatile when you happen to buy. But again, your parents' CC will rook you slightly versus XE's rate.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if i am getting it, it wont be for a little while as i've already asked for quite a bit of gear for Christmas and i need to save money to travel to see a friend
no worries
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by robert.millar.1
if i am getting it, it wont be for a little while as i've already asked for quite a bit of gear for Christmas and i need to save money to travel to see a friend

Wussie
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate