hi i currently run an AC30CC2 and play through either a fender starcaster or fender thinline tele'72 i cant fault the sound at all but i want to get a smoother clean tone and be able to get an almost ambient/big sound what pedals would you recommend to help achieve this?
when you say "smoother" do you mean warmer/less edgy or more level volume?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes warmer pleasent to listen to, kind of band of horses clean sounds if you have heard them? they seem to have the sound i want to achieve.
From what I've heard of BoH I think one thing you'd be wanting is a delay pedal.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
A good delay/echo partnered with a chorus and possibly a decent fuzz (used only at minimal settings or as an accent).

A good rotary pedal like the Boss RT-20 could also be useful. I saw a video on YouTube a guy used it to nail David Gilmour's tone from "Shine on you crazy diamond". The key was, again, using it as a subtle accent, not at its more aggressive settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrXsrPAFIc&sns=em

What's your budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 2, 2013,
Quote by joebrookesss
yes warmer pleasent to listen to, kind of band of horses clean sounds if you have heard them? they seem to have the sound i want to achieve.

no idea who they are

this is probably insulting your intelligence, but have you tried rolling back your guitar's tone knob slightly? that's the cheapest/easiest way to warm things up. it won't necessarily work exactly the way you want, but it's worth a try since it costs nothing.

i don't really play ambient stuff but i think analogue delays and the like are often used for it. the other guys who have posted will be able to help more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the onboard reverb isnt getting it done? i al really liking my TC reverb / PGS trinity reverb. it has some really longer indie ambient type sounds.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
it's not awful but it's far from great the ac30's reverb is nice but not what i need, i need a bigger spacious sound
Hmm...the MXR Carbon Copy is a highly regarded delay pedal in a compact housing.

I love my Visual Sound H2O Chorus/Echo- 2 pedals in one, with good tones, nice controls, and built to last. They're out of production, but they do pop up on the used market.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!