Learning a new language has apparently given me superpowers. (At least temporarily)

I've tried singing and playing the guitar at the same time before, but I never could (either sing properly or play while singing hurr durr).

But recently I've been trying to learn a new language and today I tried singing while I played. Don't know why, but I did. And now I can at least sing over some songs and feel in control of both my playing and singing (even just singing gibberish because I don't know the lyrics, which I couldn't do before either).

Has something like this ever happened to you? And if you can sing and play at the same time what does it feel like, do you focus on either singing or playing or can you focus on both?

Share your experiences, it's almost christmas
I speak 4 languages bro.

Speaking Portuguese has given me the ability to name any type of fish, simply by touching them.

Speaking German has allowed me to increase my efficiency by 3%.

Speaking Spanish has allowed me to think whether buildings needs elevators or not.

Speaking English has allowed me to masturbate with my left hand.

I'm Superman. Watch out ladies.
I focus on the singing. I don't do anything too complicated on guitar when I sing but even my fingerpicking patterns are hardwired in enough that I do them without having to be focused on them.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I speak 4 languages bro.

Speaking Portuguese has given me the ability to name any type of fish, simply by touching them.

Speaking German has allowed me to increase my efficiency by 3%.

Speaking Spanish has allowed me to think whether buildings needs elevators or not.

Speaking English has allowed me to masturbate with my left hand.

I'm Superman. Watch out ladies.

maybe you should learn italian or something so your threads can stop sucking

Quote by MinterMan22

Surely, Italian would make them suck more?
Speaking Finnish and Norwegian has enabled me to queue up for things in the most socially awkward way possible.

Look out, world.
Quote by captainsnazz
was about to post the exact same thing but hadn't picked a language

You know, one day I'll stop making threads, and you'll have no reason to ever come back to the Pit.
Quote by captainsnazz
was about to post the exact same thing but hadn't picked a language

i was gonna say tagalog as a subtle reference to naguenyong vinx and his glorious threads but i chose to keep it euro instead

Learning English made me an arsehole who practiced his English with every foreigner he talkted to, including people learning Norwegian.
Learning German made me realise that was a dick move.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Speaking Finnish and Norwegian has enabled me to queue up for things in the most socially awkward way possible.

Look out, world.

Serr? Snakker du norsk?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Dec 1, 2013,
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Why the **** is table spelt like table. Why is it not taybel?

I'm not sure...

...I noticed you're Canadian....
Do you have a pet moose?
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Dec 1, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Surely, Italian would make them suck more?

Explain yourself
Quote by Minicaxotinho
I'm not sure...

...I noticed you're Canadian....
Do you have a pet moose?

Of course I ****ing have a pet moose
Quote by Philip_pepper
Babdipoopi? Babdipoopi! Bunga bunga!

A racist German? Well i never
Quote by Basti95
A racist German? Well i never

It's Hitler's fault fart jokes involving Jews are a bit off limits, not the German people of today
Try slow songs, I dont know why but when I played a corrido its was easy to put vocals then when I played my style of music Did the same just played a bit faster, but just like anyone else out there would say practice makes perfect, so start out slow even if it sounds wierd
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by MinterMan22

Surprised he doesn't speak French considering how much he whines.
Quote by ichiefG13
Try slow songs, I dont know why but when I played a corrido its was easy to put vocals then when I played my style of music Did the same just played a bit faster, but just like anyone else out there would say practice makes perfect, so start out slow even if it sounds wierd

That's wonderful advice.

It just has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah, have your pepper spray ready.

/thread quality post. if only it was closer to the initial post.
Quote by snipelfritz
That's wonderful advice.

It just has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Thats because I was sharing my experience with the Ts like it says on thee thread.
Quote by ichiefG13
Thats because I was sharing my experience with the Ts like it says on thee thread.

I guess it was relevant.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
I guess it was relevant.

Indeed. So what has this thread turned into then? a debate about how cool or sucky other languages are?
Quote by ichiefG13
Indeed. So what has this thread turned into then? a debate about how cool or sucky other languages are?

Apparently, yes.
If thats the case, American is the best language