Good day everyone! I am looking for a new amp as said in the tittle. I am currently playing on a crappy fender mustang that i am not a fan of and i want something with a bigger punch. I am playing a lot of metal like Metallica, iron maiden some new stuff like Avenged Sevenfold and i also play some 80s rock like G&R.

I am trying to get a great crunch like in the album master of puppets but i also want to be able to play stuff like Guns and clean parts of things Metallica does.]

With that being said i need a amp that can produce that hard Crunch but still have decent cleans (not for jazz or blues) for some of the clean stuff Metallica does.

My price range is like 300 to 500 USD.

I did find a peavey 6150+ 112 on craigslist for 300 bucks and i was thinking about getting that but then i heard that you cant get good cleans out of it.

Just want your guys opinion thanks!
The 6505+ combo is great for high-gain, but not the best at cleans

Peavey Ultra
Peavey XXX
Peavey JSX
all are worth a look used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
at your budget you might have to compromise. personally i'll put up with mediocre cleans if an amp has the distortion i want. YMMV of course.

Jet city would also be worth a look. again, cleans aren't amazing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Clean channel on the 6505+ should be plenty fine for Metallica and Iron Maiden style cleans. Throw in a chorus for good measure if you got the budget for that to round the clean sound off.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
By the way guys im looking for a good combo amp i really dont have the money to get a cab and a head right now
As mentioned the 6505+ or a Jet City combo should do you just fine especially with a chorus pedal to help the cleans out. I have the JCA2212c and love it.
Look into Blackstar amps. I have a ht club 40, all tube, and I got it for $699. I know that's out of your price range, but they have other models that may suit your needs. I get most of the tones you are looking for out of the amp.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
Look into Blackstar amps. I have a ht club 40, all tube, and I got it for $699. I know that's out of your price range, but they have other models that may suit your needs. I get most of the tones you are looking for out of the amp.

No it's not all tube, and they sound pretty mediocre. For $699 you got rooked
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Enemy98
By the way guys im looking for a good combo amp i really dont have the money to get a cab and a head right now

jet cities are available as combos- you have to be careful to get the right ones (as they have lower gain combos too with confusingly similar product codenames ), but yeah, they'd still be an option, like the 6505+.

the high gain jet city combos are the JCA 2212 and JCA5012, as far as i'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?