The most guitarists I have seen (for a live act at least) was 5 with Broken Social Scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqqLe9uiLl4

I know Radiohead, Iron Maiden, current lineup of Guns N' Roses, and other bands have used three guitars before.

What's the most you have seen/heard of in a band? (Not including bassists)

P.S I know this could be posted in a better place but it won't get any replies, I already tried.
the best bands don't have any guitars

they have a laptops with play buttons

Quote by MinterMan22
the best bands don't have any guitars

they have a laptops with play buttons

yeah but what's the band with the most laptop that you know of
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Iron Maiden with 3 guitar players. The Cure also had 3 for a brief period of time.
"I wanna put my log in your fireplace..."
I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd(the post-crash band) and they had easily 5 or 6 guitarists on stage.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Hammer-On-22

P.S I know this could be posted in a better place but it won't get any replies, I already tried.

And all would have been right with the world.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by CorrosionMedia
Perhiphery has 3 constant guitarists and a bassist, but I believe they had two bassists for a time too.

they have the most guitarists from any band that i've seen live, but i'm sure there are some dorky ensembles that have a shitton of guitarists
All those dad rock guys like Bruce Springsteen and Eric Clapton always have like twenty people playing guitar when they play live, and you can't even hear most of them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Gipsy Kings beats all your bands.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Glenn Branca's arrangements have had more than one hundred guitars at one point.
3. I couldnt see what any more of them would do. Unless it was a huge ass shoegaze band that had 100 layers and needed help. Which is kinda what I would need, maybe 2 rhythm playing harmonized chords, and 2 other rhythm playing harmonized arpeggiated chords, and then 2 guys playing single notes alternate picked quickly to sound like strings, then maybe two more to play some leads.