Page 1 of 2
what a remarkable future we live in
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
amazing
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Awaiting Amazon name to be changed to SkyNet
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
Awaiting Amazon name to be changed to SkyNet

I was gonna make a skynet comment
Wait, so helicopters...just smaller...no.

Not possible.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
this will lead to stoners and drunk people spending so much more of their money. seriously. if you, while ****ed up, knew you could order something and have it delivered to you before you sobered up, how much more shit would you buy?
Quote by progdude93
this will lead to stoners and drunk people spending so much more of their money. seriously. if you, while ****ed up, knew you could order something and have it delivered to you before you sobered up, how much more shit would you buy?

This is why you just rent them their own flying drone that stays in the warehouse so they don't pay any shipping costs...

...I totes copyright that idea right now. YOU HEAR THAT BEZOS!
they already have free shipping.. it's called amazon prime, and you don't need to rent anything for it. Bezos already beat you
SSSSSHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh........ssssshhhhhhhh.......
I think it's pretty dope. Don't know how it'll work for compounds or apartment complexes. but still, that's pretty dope.
Quote by Baby Joel
I think it's pretty dope. Don't know how it'll work for compounds or apartment complexes. but still, that's pretty dope.

oh don't worry, they'll have residual DNA trackers so they'll find you wherever you are.
Quote by psyks
You'd have to live pretty close to an Amazon depot for this to be at all viable.

Way better idea to strap packages to these things and let them use bike lanes.

thats creepy, man. i can only imagine a shit load of those things running around on dark roads late at night. or hundreds of them, flooding the streets in cities, because everyone is too lazy to go out and do anything themselves.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
More like DERPa amirite???

huehuehue, robot overlords don't get jokes at their expense.
I wonder how expensive this will be though.

Also wonder how viable it will be in certain areas. I can't see this taking off (hohoho) in Scotland because those things just don't look like they could withstand high winds or generally shit weather.
I doubt this would work for international shipping And yeah, how's this gonna work for apt. complexes?

I'm pretty sure that eventually drones are gonna be illegal to use by anyone but the govt. and people will have anti-drone security or something. Imagine how much of a violation of privacy these things can be. Imagine how much of a safety hazard these things pose. The sky is falling!
I hate to be that guy but this sure does sound like a way to get the general public comfortable with drones. Then the government can say they are good and convenient and start using them to in other ways.
Quote by Wormholes
I hate to be that guy but this sure does sound like a way to get the general public comfortable with drones. Then the government can say they are good and convenient and start using them to in other ways.

Your whole life consists of being "that guy" so I very much doubt you hate it.

But anyway, drones ARE good and convenient. Much like any technology, they can be used for good or bad purposes. But the technology itself is great. It has tons of potential for helping us. And if the government wants to spy on regular people, they already have way better methods than drones.

Using drones for shipping is a great idea. Using drones to airdrop medical supplies in dangerous areas is a great idea. Using drones to make hostage exchanges is a great idea (was watching 24). They can certainly be used for nefarious purposes, but so can knives, and I'm a pretty big fan of not having to cut my steak with a spork.
But how will it ring the doorbell?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
inb4 philistines with .12 bores destroy my books.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
As Jeff Bezos, Amazon's CEO, acknowledged in the 60 Minutes segment, his plan to begin delivery by drone won't be enacted until around 2018 – and that's a hugely optimistic timeline.

The future's still in the future guys
Too bad they only deliver to schools #takethatObama
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Compu-ter deliver exfoliator right now.

Wait wait wait not kill mode!

NOT KILL MODE!
"FAA chief Michael Huerta earlier said he expects some 7,500 small unmanned aircraft buzzing in the US skies in the next five years."

Meaning the legislation will probably be in favor of it. Jeff Bezos is a very forward-thinking guy. He's not the publicity stunt type, especially since amazon is already so well-known and so well-regarded.
Terrible. Stuff like this sounds really cool and impressive and it is. But there's a human cost to it. Every one of these that function remove multiple people from a productive jobs to society. All it does is sound mildly cool while making some rich asshat more money by cutting operating expenses through finding a way to put people out of work. It's not exactly easy out there. If people with degrees and good educations are struggling for meaningful work what hope do much more unskilled workers have when you take away their jobs to make some twats at Amazon more money they don't need?
Drones?

Quote by Todd Hart
inb4 philistines with .12 bores destroy my books.

Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Terrible. Stuff like this sounds really cool and impressive and it is. But there's a human cost to it. Every one of these that function remove multiple people from a productive jobs to society. All it does is sound mildly cool while making some rich asshat more money by cutting operating expenses through finding a way to put people out of work. It's not exactly easy out there. If people with degrees and good educations are struggling for meaningful work what hope do much more unskilled workers have when you take away their jobs to make some twats at Amazon more money they don't need?

Bezos started amazon out of his garage and made himself a billionaire. And he's one of the most charitable ones out there. Don't stall technological progress because of this. This industry will likely create as many jobs as it takes away. All it will do is make the process more efficient.

Obviously there will be some unforeseen side effects, but your reasons for opposition are inadequate.
Quote by sam b
What a shit idea

This is why you're broke, and Jeff Bezos is a billionaire.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Terrible. Stuff like this sounds really cool and impressive and it is. But there's a human cost to it. Every one of these that function remove multiple people from a productive jobs to society.

You're just realizing this now?

I've been espousing this for the last year or so.

Technology is replacing jobs at an irrecoverable pace. And then hopefully we can live in a post capitalist society

Quote by progdude93
This industry will likely create as many jobs as it takes away.

Nope

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by psyks
You'd have to live pretty close to an Amazon depot for this to be at all viable.

Way better idea to strap packages to these things and let them use bike lanes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2D71CveQwo

Am I the only one who finds this to be absolutely terrifying?

Something about the legs, it looks like some sort of alien spider thing that can run faster than humans. Count me out.
definitely terrifying
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Page 1 of 2