ok guys... so yesterday at practice, my bottom strap-lock button felt a little loose, but i thought it should hold alright after i tightened it up a bit. well we were in the middle of one of our songs and i hit a power chord and turned to face the drummer and when i made my turn the screw to my back strap-lock came out.
sooo i have some damage(i can put up some pics if you all wanna see). the guitar is still playable after i tune her back up, but my problem is that we have a concert....tomorrow night....and i have no strap button on the back of my baby girl...

please help if you have any advice on how to fix the button issue!!!
116UNASHAMED
Break a couple of matches or tooth picks so they fit nicely in to the hole where the strap button went and then screw it back in. That will almost certainly hold well enough for at least a gig, if not a fair bit longer. It's not really a permanent solution but it'll hold you over for a little bit.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thank you sooo much!!! Ill try it and hopefully our concert goes well and i get a good grade!!

thanks again!
116UNASHAMED
Mix up some sawdust and woodglue, fill the hole, let it dry, and then reattach your button for a more permanent solution.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Isn't wood glue already just glue with sawdust? Seems a bit redundant, no?

Anyway, my go to for permanence is toothpicks + wood glue. That shit aint comin' out.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I use a wood epoxy I found at Wal-Mart for that sort of thing. I's quick and permanent.
Wood glue + toothpicks will work permanently. Its easier with the flat ones
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by Offworld92
Isn't wood glue already just glue with sawdust? Seems a bit redundant, no?

Anyway, my go to for permanence is toothpicks + wood glue. That shit aint comin' out.

Hmm I wasn't sure so I wiki'ed it and it appears not. I don't know enough about chemistry/science to tell you why certain glues work well on wood and are marketed as wood glues, but I can't find anything about it already having sawdust added.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_glue
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
thanks for all the answers guys! does anyone know if the epoxy or wood glue would be dry and ready for my concert tomorrow night?
116UNASHAMED
Epoxy Resins are a pair of liquid chemicals the mix and form a solid - they dry in minutes-hours. Wood Glue is usually slower as it is a liquid that has to dry by evaporating.
Think of the difference as making a glass of squash against waiting for some juice ice cubes to melt in water. That said either will work in 24hrs - I would imagine rough cut sawdust will give a better hold than toothpicks as it has more surface.

Bear in mind that you may well need 2-3 stages (Glue + sawdust, glue and button) and you may need more than one attempt depending on if you get the right glue/dust ratio first time
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
I'd think just tooth picks would work fine, hell that's what holds my bedroom door on I'd say it would hold a guitar.
i almost think an epoxy would be too concrete hard. you dont want you crack wood around it.

i feel like if you do teh wood splint thing right, it should most definitely hold. i mean, you ever look at an Axe? like a real wood cutting axe with a wooden handle? generally they shove a splint in the top and that secures the head.

same principle. and an axe does nothing but take abuse.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
did the toothpick trick on the strap button on my Strat in 1998... It's still there... Still solid.. easy fix..

I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
thanks guys for all the answers! im gonna just shim it up with a toothpick for the concert and then work on a more permanent fix over Christmas break!
116UNASHAMED
i have always used toothpicks and standard wood glue to tighten up all the screw holes in guitars i am working on. Even the pick guard holes and vanity stuff... makes the projects much more clean and tight. Very cheap and easy fix.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
yeah thats a good suggestion. toothpicks AND wood glue.

probably not epoxy.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)