Hello guys.
I have a squier cv strat equipped with Texas Special pickups.Now I am thinking of buying a Fender Mexican standard strat.Is it better quality than my squier?
Probably not. Squier CV guitars cost about as much or more on the used market as MIM Fenders, and many would rather have the CV.

If you want to upgrade, you might look at MIJ or MIA strats from Fender, Tokai, Fernandes and Greco.
Question about the pickups though: did you notice a notable difference from the standard pickups when you switched to the standard specials? Is it a 50s or 60s CV? I'm seriously gassing for a 60s CV and just tried one at the store...
Is it better quality than my squier?

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. I swear this question is asked every other week.

A MIM Strat or Telecaster will almost always be better built than a comparable Squier. It'll feel better in your hand and resonate better when plucked. The biggest weak point on a MIM Strat is the pickups, which if you already have a set of Texas Specials, you can swap them into the MIM and swap the MIM pups into the CV.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
Yes. Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes. I swear this question is asked every other week.

A MIM Strat or Telecaster will almost always be better built than a comparable Squier. It'll feel better in your hand and resonate better when plucked. The biggest weak point on a MIM Strat is the pickups, which if you already have a set of Texas Specials, you can swap them into the MIM and swap the MIM pups into the CV.

i will +3.1415 that. you can find a decent MIM for under $250 any day of the week if you aren't overly picky.

the 1995 MIM strat i have now was given to a friend who made me promise to keep it. its the best MIM i have had. i have gotten them for under $200 a couple times, some needed a tiny bit of work, but its a good way to make money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a Classic Vibe 50's Tele, the white version. Honestly, it is one of the best guitars I have ever played, and I own a Custom Shop Fender strat. It's outplayed every single MIM I have ever tried. What is it about the Squier that doesn't make you happy?
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by pankar94
Hello guys.
I have a squier cv strat equipped with Texas Special pickups.Now I am thinking of buying a Fender Mexican standard strat.Is it better quality than my squier?

where are you located? if so what is your nearest craigslist?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by OliveG
Just read an article on musicradar about Squier's new Cabronita, now I want one.

that is pretty cool, i like how they look. but is it what you are looking for? also a cheap bigsby=scary
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!