Hey whats up everybody.
I have two guitars a squire bullet strat and a hohner slammer (red) the squire definately needs a new nut but the slammer i think might need a new one because the strings from the 1st to 2nd fret are touching the metal frets,i get some fret buzz when i play it.
my question is do you guys think i need a new nut on the slammer? and can both nuts for both guitars be ordered on amazon?
i see some but im not sure if theyre right for them.thanks
Moved to GB&C
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Electric Devil
Hey whats up everybody.
I have two guitars a squire bullet strat and a hohner slammer (red) the squire definately needs a new nut but the slammer i think might need a new one because the strings from the 1st to 2nd fret are touching the metal frets,i get some fret buzz when i play it.
my question is do you guys think i need a new nut on the slammer? and can both nuts for both guitars be ordered on amazon?
i see some but im not sure if theyre right for them.thanks

Since your replacing the nut, don't cheap out and get a $3 plastic/corian nut get a bone or Graphtec nut (Graphtec if it has a trem ). The bone or Graphtec nut will be $10-$15 and is well worth it.

Order from an actual guitar parts store (make sure the nut is the correct width for each of your guitars) and have a guitar tech install it because it may need some final adjustments to make it right.

If your confident you can do it, go for it. It is not hard, but it is something you will have to take your time with it or you will end up with bad results
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate