Page 1 of 2
There's a court case for chimps to be legally humans, but no court case for the pigmy-mouse lemur?

das wasist
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 3, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's a court case for chimps to be legally humans, but no court case for the pigmy-mouse lemur?

das wasist

speciest.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by homeless-john
I can't wait til people start making Youtube videos about how chimps are poorly represented in video games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d6w08PcC4A

I beg to differ.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by homeless-john
Donkey Kong is a gorilla. Are you saying all simians look the same to you?

Diddy Kong is a chimp.
Quote by TheSennaj
I was talking with my professor about a week ago about the possibility of in twenty or thirty years from now people looking at apes in zoos and wondering how they could possibly have treated those people that way.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
I was talking with my professor about a week ago about the possibility of in twenty or thirty years from now people looking at apes in zoos and wondering how they could possibly have treated those people that way.

So you're ready to give them the right to vote, drive, receive an education, get married, hold a job, collect social benefits, run for public office yada yada yada?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
^ thats pretty incredible, idk how he memorizes it so quickly and easily i could only remember like 1-2-3 and then im just like wut.

also at the end when he actually stops to think about it and then remembers
pinga
Give them a civilization and they're gonna conquer us.

I saw it in a movie once
Sail upon the open skies
That was a great tightrope walk at the end.

I wonder what the risk of a spontaneous face-ripping would be (assuming most of us never voluntarily give them piggyback rides).
>expert on animal law
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I think it's fair to say that not being human somewhat precludes you from a lot of the activities that typically only humans engage in. Generally 'person' being a synonym for 'human,' I don't think that they can really be considered 'people'. However, we already recognise higher cognitive function as rationale for protecting species, so I guess just carry on improving on that.

I'd also like to add that the analogies to human civil rights are really dickish.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
This sort of shit is why they'd beat the wolves in a fight.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by Jackal58

If they win I say put a monkey in the White House.
Would vote for.
Quote by Jackal58

We already have one

And this is cool and all, but the real question is chimps vs wolves amirite?
Quote by Jackal58
So you're ready to give them the right to vote, drive, receive an education, get married, hold a job, collect social benefits, run for public office yada yada yada?

You say that like a chimp could pass a driving test or get elected to office.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
What a silly proposition.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Baby Joel
We already have one

Racist ****. I bet you make monkey gestures when you see him on the telly.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
if ******ed people have rights, why not chimps? cos they're hairy? so are persians.

persians shouldn't have rights.
Obligatory "Chimps aren't monkeys!" post.

This is kinda dumb- They definitely should be treated humanely in research and protected to the extent that they are endangered...but they are not humans, and in case anyone idealizes animals...chimps are major assholes- infanticide, genocide, organized warfare- they got it all.

They can join dolphins in the "Dickish species humans love and are close-ish to us in intelligence" category.
Quote by progdude93
if ******ed people have rights, why not chimps? cos they're hairy? so are persians.

persians shouldn't have rights.

Persians? I don't think it's been called Persia since the Ottoman Empire.

But then if you said 'Iranians' the racist subtext to your joke would be more obvious I guess. Nice try.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by theogonia777
You say that like a chimp could pass a driving test or get elected to office.

We elect dead people. Not sure if you drive or not but chimps would do a better job than a fair amount of people do.

Quote by CorrosionMedia
They did.
His name was George.

Curious.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

there already is one
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Once I was a the zoo staring the misfit chimp in the corner over to the far end mean while the others were having a blast on thier man made playground when all of a sudden he makes this motion with his arm at this point I figured he was jacking off but what I didn't expect was the motion of his hand leading up to his nose then slowly licking it. At the end of the day I know he was happy.
Whats goes around must come down
Actually, surely by this logic, the 'chimps are people' logic, many of them should be locked up. I mean, they hardly abide by the laws of the land.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Actually, surely by this logic, the 'chimps are people' logic, many of them should be locked up. I mean, they hardly abide by the laws of the land.
Hahah, actually though.

I don't think rights are exclusive to people, but the big factor is, have they asked for them? If an animal can understand its own suffering and somehow ask to be freed, then sure, I'd say they at least have a right to be left alone. But, unless some chimp tomorrow signs "I want only to be left to my own devices, please free me etc" I'm gonna have to say no go on their rights. Sorry chimps, but I've seen the way you behave.
The gorilla from congo knows sign language, so it is possible
Whats goes around must come down
All the great apes are my favorite. We are the best.
Gorillas are nicer than chimps, I say they should get rights if chimps get rights.
Quote by ichiefG13
The gorilla from congo knows sign language, so it is possible
Yah I know, lots of them do. My point is, none of them have revealed anything so profound. There is yet to be evidence that they are fully aware of their situation or that they wish for something else. Certainly it seems possible, but I'm skeptical.
we have bigger primates to fry
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Page 1 of 2