So i recently bought a zw set of pups from emg, the ones with the solderless system, but i can't get them to work.
My set up is 1 vol, 1 tone, 3 way switch.
i followed the schematic that is on the emg website, redone the wiring 3 times and still can't get this to work. i've seen people saying they get muffled sound, but i don't get any sound at all.
since i didn't had any new 9v batteries laying around i put an used one, but i checked with the multimeter and it gives me the 9v.
Are the pick ups wrecked or is it anything else?
I had a similar problem with my emg 60 and 81 set. The problem when i found it was the little plug heads were the wrong way in . It was one of the red wires which go into the pick-up buss. Id just check to make sure that these plug heads are the correct way up with the arrow showing on top as shown in the image linked below as well checking the wires from the pick ups. If that doesn't work then i'm not sure.

Image : http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9712/diagramu.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F8h457SUMU
'' this could help consolidate what you've done and help spot mistakes
man, i don't even know how many times i've watched that video hoping to find what's wrong, but no luck.
i've checked every cable with a multimeter and they are all good.
i've tried with only one volume, without any pots, but nothing works. maybe i'll just send it back to get a new set :/
Neither pickup works? Sounds like bad wiring at the input jack or the selector switch is wired up wrong. Can you post some pictures of your wiring?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Yeah check the jack on your guitar. I wired mine up for my Rhoads and had to make the wires longer to reach all the way to the jack on the end of the "fin" but I did it sloppily and the jack wires were shorting each other out where I had spliced them. Took me a while to figure it out.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
thanks guys for your help, but i've emailed the store where i bought the pups, and they helped me, it all works now.
it was the tonepot, the wires where connected in the wrong pins.
Thank you all anyway for the help!