Put together a partscasters and am wanting a good humbucker for metal/hard rock I use a peavey ultra 4x10 various fx. Looking for tight high output passive pickup
also will be tuning down a bit.
Try a Seymour Duncan SH-4
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I have a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. Their Lil 59s are also popular for this. I run my strat through a Mesa Boogie Rectoverb, and that JB Jr handles all levels of gain and volume with ease and grace.

On a side note: most passive pickups are only going to change the tone of that amp so much. If you want a very different tone, you should look more toward the amp than any pickup.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
I like the tone of my amp just wanting some suggestions on
a good pickup for heavy rhythm playing. Just need it for chugging style rhythm playing leads will be done on a different
guitar.
Besides the above?

RailHammer Anvil.
Something from the Tesla VR line.
Lace Deathbucker
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
A Seymour Duncan JB is a versatile pickup for single-pickup guitars, but it isn't very tight. A Distortion would certainly be more tight.

I would also recommend a DiMarzio Evolution. A great, tight bridge pickup that makes the treble strings sing.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
I'd try a Dimarzio Dominion.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
maybe one of these: http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/humbuckers/high-power/d-activator-x-bridge

i have heard good things and i am considering looking into getting one for an RG. just haven't gotten around to it like everything else in the world...
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/