I currently have a very very abused cry baby 535q and its ok. I have yet to really find a sweetspot for the type of sound i'm looking for so its time to start looking for a new one.

I don't want all the knobs and adjustments to fuss with like there are on the 535q. I'd like to be able to plug it in and go. Some adjustment is fine but nothing crazy, I don't want to have to start from square one.

Which wah would be a good option for me? I'm looking for something that has a very wide sweep, very vocal sounding, and is very noticeable when i have it on. I feel that sometimes mine just doesn't make much of a difference either on the high or low notes.

personally i'm a crybaby fan so i'd like to stay within their product range or at least something that i can go try at a guitar center
Why not try modding your wah?

http://www.wah-wah.co.uk/diy.html

I did the vocal and mid range mod on my V847 and it sound tons better. Wasn't hard either.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Is there a specific guitar player who has a wah sound you like? The crybaby line has many signatures, for example Jimi Hendrix, Zakk Wylde and Jerry Cantrell.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I used Cry Baby's for years, then I bought a Morley Bad Horsie 2 and it is my new favorite.

No toe taping to turn it on, put your foot on it and it is on. It also offers a normal wah or an adjustable contour wah with the click of a switch. So you can use both types of wah in the same song
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Sakke
Is there a specific guitar player who has a wah sound you like? The crybaby line has many signatures, for example Jimi Hendrix, Zakk Wylde and Jerry Cantrell.

theres no one in particular i'm trying to emulate. I've been going through all the demos of the wahs trying to find what i'm looking for to describe it better.

And i'd rather not mod it because mine is so beat to hell that i'd rather just get a new one.

I also prefer have the feeling of clicking it on because i like to leave it in one place every now and again.

Just looking for something super vocal, throaty, and wide sweep
Quote by andrerist
theres no one in particular i'm trying to emulate. I've been going through all the demos of the wahs trying to find what i'm looking for to describe it better.

And i'd rather not mod it because mine is so beat to hell that i'd rather just get a new one.

I also prefer have the feeling of clicking it on because i like to leave it in one place every now and again.

Just looking for something super vocal, throaty, and wide sweep

Look at Morley or the Budda Budwah, CAE is another good one to look at
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
after watching the videos on cry babys website, i'm between the cantrell, EVH and zakk wylde. Any thoughts?
Morley
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
fulltone? RMC? more expensive but worth it. i have a fulltone clyde, and i have played on a RMC wizard for a few hours. they are realllly nice. yes higher price tag, but its worth it IMO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hm. I own two cry babies, both of the same model, and was surprised to find a difference in each. The new one had a definite sweep spot, very vowel like in its pronunciation. Not sure what that info is worth. Just saying.

As for wahs, I find (from Internet demoes) that the Vox wah seems to have a much wider sweep. Check out the andertons wah shoot out.
AMT Japanese Girl Wah. I had zero interest in wah pedals until I messed around with one.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Actuator pots suck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100