I just recently bought a Morley A/B/Y pedal so that I can switch between my two 100 watt heads, but also so that I can run them in stereo. I did not thoroughly consider running my effects loop, though. I had first thought that I could just run the A of the morley to my entire effects loop (delay is last in my chain and has a stereo out) and then the B of the morley into the B input of my delay pedal. My 2 delay pedals are the only pedals in my chain with stereo in/outs.

To give you a better idea:

Guitar>Boss TU-3 tuner>Morley A/B/Y (A)>Crybaby Wah>EHX nano small stone> Boss RE20>Boss DD7> Verellen Skyhammer 100 watt amp head

Guitar>Boss TU-3 tuner>Morley A/B/Y (B)>Boss RE20>Boss DD7>Marshall JCM2000

The only idea I can come up with is that my wah and phaser would have to have stereo in and outs as well. I love my wah, the phaser is good, but ive tried a few others that I like just as much.

I' trying to figure out if there is a way around this where i can run everything at once.
Quote by letsgetcokes
I just recently bought a Morley A/B/Y pedal so that I can switch between my two 100 watt heads, but also so that I can run them in stereo. I did not thoroughly consider running my effects loop, though. I had first thought that I could just run the A of the morley to my entire effects loop (delay is last in my chain and has a stereo out) and then the B of the morley into the B input of my delay pedal. My 2 delay pedals are the only pedals in my chain with stereo in/outs.

To give you a better idea:

Guitar>Boss TU-3 tuner>Morley A/B/Y (A)>Crybaby Wah>EHX nano small stone> Boss RE20>Boss DD7> Verellen Skyhammer 100 watt amp head

Guitar>Boss TU-3 tuner>Morley A/B/Y (B)>Boss RE20>Boss DD7>Marshall JCM2000

The only idea I can come up with is that my wah and phaser would have to have stereo in and outs as well. I love my wah, the phaser is good, but ive tried a few others that I like just as much.

I' trying to figure out if there is a way around this where i can run everything at once.

i'd just run the phaser in one effects loop, leave the other amp without the phaser, then use the stereo in and outs on the boss delays to keep the signals separate

guitar -> tuner -> wah -> A/B/Y -> amp inputs

Amp1 FX Loops out -> phaser -> space echo -> DD-7 -> amp1 FX loop in
Amp2 FX Loops out -> space echo -> DD-7 -> amp2 FX loop in

you can also just replace the mono phaser with a stereo phaser. you are borderline complexity of needing to commit to rack gear and midi.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
One of the amps does not have an effects loop. The marshall does, though. There's no way id ever switch ro a rack unit or midi. I love the amps I have. One was custom built for me. I think a boss phaser would have stereo out. those are cheap and easy to come by.
ummm...yes but ive heard that isn't the best way to go about it. I've looked into a couple A/B/y switches with multiple inputs and outs but theyre pricey. What did you have in mind? I haven't really looked into splitters too much.
wow...it was a lot easier then i thought. I just went like this:

guitar>tuner>wah>phaser>Morley A/B/Y A>input a of boss delay
Morley A/b/y B>input B of boss delay

then ran the stereo outs to the amps. simple. sounds amazing.
i got my stereo setup set a few days ago. i don't have anything through the loop on either though. cable running is a b*tch i have my cables marked and thing still get crossed. probably didn't help that it was 4am, but hell it works good now.

its fun to hear one on each side and go back and fourth a few dozen times.

i am running a MKIV and Trem-o-Verb, the boosts switch on right over for the lead channel of the MKIV and i use the TOV for the rhythm. sometimes both.

if you can record i would love to hear how they go together.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I know. Ive been going back and forth for a while now trying to get the perfect setup and I think I am pretty damn close after today. But yes, cables are everywhere. I had to work with what I had, I'm going to need to buy like...3 new cables. Don't know if youre into doom, black metal, or post metal...but my band will probably be recording again soon, and I'll be using this setup in the studio. I could probably get a clip, though.
Quote by letsgetcokes
I know. Ive been going back and forth for a while now trying to get the perfect setup and I think I am pretty damn close after today. But yes, cables are everywhere. I had to work with what I had, I'm going to need to buy like...3 new cables. Don't know if youre into doom, black metal, or post metal...but my band will probably be recording again soon, and I'll be using this setup in the studio. I could probably get a clip, though.

cool. my main problem with cables is that they are all 20'. a long time ago a guy was on CL selling monster cables (rock gold ended ones) for half the price new. they have an eternal warranty. so i bought every guitar cable he had, he even went down 10% more realizing he was getting cleared out. i have at least 10 21' and 6 jumpers. NOTHING in between. so there is cable everywhere. i will run any of my high gainer combination until perfection.

doom i am into, black metal not so much. i am not good with subgenres that seem to be made up on the spot, maybe deathcore with more of a melodic death than deathcore . my top bands off hand would be Down, Acid Bath, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, and the like. acacia strain and job for a cowboy and black dalhia murder are all pretty good as well. but i play more melodic music than the latter three.

i also play a ton of blues. so i have rigs for that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Yeah...the only thing I could compare it to that you might get would be...darkest hour with delay and reverb??? If that makes sense at all.
Quote by letsgetcokes
Yeah...the only thing I could compare it to that you might get would be...darkest hour with delay and reverb??? If that makes sense at all.

ok. i haen't listened to them in a long time, but i have seen them at least 4 times opening for other bands. they aren't my favorite, but that was 7 years ago or so. so i may not remember right, but i know i have seen them a lot.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I honestly don't care for them too much, it was just the only thing I could think of that was remotely close to what we play in sound.
Quote by letsgetcokes
wow...it was a lot easier then i thought. I just went like this:

guitar>tuner>wah>phaser>Morley A/B/Y A>input a of boss delay
Morley A/b/y B>input B of boss delay

then ran the stereo outs to the amps. simple. sounds amazing.

i thought the whole point of the question was to get certain effects in the FX loops.

yeah, plugging stereo outputs from pedals into the front of the amps works fine. it is actually the way i always did my stereo/triphonic setups.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae