Hello all,

I am looking into setting up my PC with guitar rig 5 and am trying to find a good setup for the hardware needed. What different devices and cords will i need to get this rig up and running? Also do you have any recommended pieces of equipment that you use to do this.

Thanks a lot
You'll want to check the interfaces sticky in the recording subforum.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
One piece of hardware that I use is a Line6 UX1. It works great and comes with PodFarm 2. I don't know if it will run through Guitar Rig, but I would say you should check it out. It's a simple and easy piece of equipment that I use to record with a lot.

The Line6 UX1 with run through GarageBand, Logic Pro, Cubase, and other such programs so it should work (they're also under $100).
I am me, in a more literal sense.
While I love my UX1, I wouldn't bother getting one if you aren't going to use Podfarm. You can get better interfaces for a similar price.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
And you can use Podfarm with another interfaces anyway... not sure why you'd choose it over other amp sims though.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Hey Guys thank you for the input. After reviewing this website I have figured out what i am going to get. I am going with the scarlett 2i2 as an interface with a direct box and a presonus 4 channel headphone amplifier for monitoring. Later on i will add monitor speakers, a midi keyboard, and a korg nano control surface. For software I will be using guitar rig 5 and Reaper. The computer I have should work i built it last year for gaming so it should do the trick.