As the title says I keep getting buzz around that area . I thought adding more relief would fix the problem but apparently not . FYI I don't really have a heavy pick attack , anyway I measured the frets as well and they seem to be level with a straight neck of course ,so I don't know what to do now please help !
Fret buzz should be solved with a combination of neck relief and action, if you're measuring from the 7th fret with the top and bottom of the neck fretted 0.6mm seems a little under generous, still I much prefer a flatter neck so just raise the action as much as you can tolerate and don't be too over concerned with fret buzz, without pleking and high action thats never going to go aware entirely
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off
should've mentioned my guitar details but I measured the relief at the 9th fret while holding down the first and 24th fret. Fret buzz drives me off the edge , so I'll keep trying till I get rid of it

My guitar is an Ibanez RG action is 2.6 bass side and 2.2 on the treble side measured at the 24th fret and using 10-46 Drop D.
Quote by gay4slipknot
Fret buzz should be solved with a combination of neck relief and action, if you're measuring from the 7th fret with the top and bottom of the neck fretted 0.6mm seems a little under generous, still I much prefer a flatter neck so just raise the action as much as you can tolerate and don't be too over concerned with fret buzz, without pleking and high action thats never going to go aware entirely

This is entirely untrue. I play with rather large strings , keep a deadly low action and have no fret buzz.

As far as the other goes, properly set your relief, then leave that be. action should be taken care of with bridge adjustment.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Last edited by Viban at Dec 4, 2013,
Entirely untrue? Strings vibrate in an elliptical fashion, with the highest peaks being at the ~9th fret, if you had a flat neck there's where all your buzz would be, the action is the height of the bridge and how much it pulls the strings away from the neck and body but only at one end but extreme adjustment of either would eradicate fret buzz although a much more sensible compromise is the correct way to set up a guitar. Congratulations on having 'deadly' low action and no buzz, you've either got well dressed fret or set up your relief like a muppet
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off
Quote by gay4slipknot
Entirely untrue? Strings vibrate in an elliptical fashion, with the highest peaks being at the ~9th fret, if you had a flat neck there's where all your buzz would be, the action is the height of the bridge and how much it pulls the strings away from the neck and body but only at one end but extreme adjustment of either would eradicate fret buzz although a much more sensible compromise is the correct way to set up a guitar. Congratulations on having 'deadly' low action and no buzz, you've either got well dressed fret or set up your relief like a muppet

I just held down the 15th fret and checked it at the 9th fret. Then adjusted my action to my liking.

The statement to which I was referring is that you can entirely eliminate fret buzz without having a high action.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
my guitar now isnt really buzzing now I guess since the neck needed time after adjusting it :/ but the action is still quite high for me though (0.6 relief , 2.6 B - 2.25 T )
Quote by Guitarplayer452
my guitar now isnt really buzzing now I guess since the neck needed time after adjusting it :/ but the action is still quite high for me though (0.6 relief , 2.6 B - 2.25 T )

When I did my relief, I did like a 1/8 turn per turn and left like 30-45 minutes between turns to allow it to settle some, then I gave it a couple hours, then I went and set the action. You know how to change your action right?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Last edited by Viban at Dec 6, 2013,