I have an Ibanez GAX30 (humbuckers - the orginal diagram for the PU selector
is in the official page), and I want to wire it so I can get a split PU on the
middle position, using only the outer coils, like this diagram.

000000_____XXXXXX_____XXXXXX
000000_____000000_____XXXXXX

XXXXXX_____XXXXXX_____000000
XXXXXX_____000000_____000000

NECK_______MIDDLE_____BRIDGE

to have a very thin and funkie sound. How can I wire this? do I need special
capacitors or other things to get this?, or is there another page to learn about this
NOTE: I dont want tu use push/pull buttons.
Last edited by DanielStroke25 at Dec 4, 2013,
you don't need special capacitors but you might need a special switch

petrucci wiring should be like that but it might be the inner coils in the middle position, i'm not certain.

http://www.dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams#1-4-7-1

should be possible to do outer coils too by slightly tweaking those diagrams, but that's getting a bit beyond my pay grade
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You'll need a 4-pole 3-way switch to do this. You probably won't find a blade-style switch so you'll likely end up having to use a rotary switch. You said you wanted the outer coils active in the middle position, but the 'diagram' you made contradicts this. This diagram has the outer coils active, like you said you wanted. The thin sound you are referring to is caused by the coils being out-of-phase.

If you get it wired up and find that the middle position isn't out-of-phase swap the black and green wires of ONE of the pickups (if it is a 3-wire pickup). If it is a 4-wire pickup, you'll have to swap the black and green wires AND the red and white wires of ONE of the pickups...I think. I've been awake too long; I even drew the wrong friggin' diagram the first time...

Anyway, here's the diagram. If you can't read it, it would be a very good idea to learn. In the mean time I could make a pictorial diagram for you to follow. I did it this way because it is a lot easier for me to draw.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Dec 5, 2013,

you are very nice for the answer. and its true I dont understand this diagram, what if I show you some pics of my open guitar, and you teach me step by step, would it be posible? plus I don't know if its a 4pd or 3pd.
PD: Im not native english speaker, would ti be posible to answer in spanish (optional)
Last edited by DanielStroke25 at Dec 5, 2013,
English:
I don't speak Spanish, so I'm using Google Translate. I apologize if the translation makes no sense. I'm posting this in English and Spanish because of UG rules.

Would it help if I made a pictorial diagram, like the diagrams on the Seymour Duncan website? Then you could just follow it directly.

The switch currently in the guitar is a DP3T (two-pole three-throw) type. You will need a 4P3T (four-pole three-throw) type for this scheme.

Spanish:
Yo no hablo español, así que estoy usando Google Translate. Pido disculpas si la traducción no tiene sentido. Estoy publicar esto en Inglés y español debido a las reglas de UG.

¿Ayudaría si hice un diagrama pictórico, como los diagramas en la página web de Seymour Duncan? Entonces usted podría simplemente sigue directamente.

El interruptor actualmente en la guitarra es un DP3T (dos polos-tiro tres) tipo. Usted necesitará una 4P3T (cuatro polos-tiro tres) escribe a este sistema.
I don't think you need coil splits. Reverse the hot and ground for one of the humbuckers, and the middle position will be out of phase. Easy.
"You'll need a 4-pole 3-way switch to do this. You probably won't find a blade-style switch so you'll likely end up having to use a rotary switch. You said you wanted the outer coils active in the middle position, but the 'diagram' you made contradicts this. This diagram has the outer coils active, like you said you wanted. The thin sound you are referring to is caused by the coils being out-of-phase." sorry for the mistake, maybe the correct thing is the INNER coils, sorry, just look at the diagram I made, pls help again (dont worry about the Spanish, just talk in english).
Quote by runriot_z28
I don't think you need coil splits. Rever.....

a diagram plz if you are very kind.