New space pvp came out this month, wondering if that drew anyone to, or back to the MMO?
Dont even know what that is, sounds like a robot.
Sounds like
Whats goes around must come down
lol no

I pre-ordered it and got to level 40 or something and quit because it got so lame
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I played it at launch for a couple of months but stopped after hitting level 49. The story was fantastic for an MMO but the world was very sterile. Like there would be ruined buildings or vehicles in the same place forever, that kind of thing. Also I realised that there wasn't a big enough player base when I was on Tattooine and there were 4 other people on the planet...

It just didn't feel enough like an MMO to warrant the monthly fees.
Played after it became F2P, but after I realised you need to subscribe to actually get anywhere I quit.
Haven't even started because the F2P model sounds ******ed
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by eGraham
lol no

I pre-ordered it and got to level 40 or something and quit because it got so lame

This. Such a disappointment
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by eGraham
lol no

yep

really shit game
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
so many acronyms on surface of the thread

Quote by Malchius
I think he means SWTORs F2P model, not F2P in general.

Yeah, I meant SWTOR's.

I do. I don't think the space PvP has started for the F2P people yet. It's got to be better than the pointless space combat in the PvE.

I like the game. It's pretty fun SWTOR and Star Trek:Online are the only things left to fill the void left by City of Heroes. That was one of the best MMO's ever in my opinion.

Quote by Trowzaa
Yeah, I meant SWTOR's.

It's not bad. I'm F2P and honestly have never purchased anything and it hasn't hindered me in any way. In fact, I think it makes you a better player.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Dec 4, 2013,
I play it f2p and enjoy it so far, their is actually a decent amount of people playing now (like 40-60 people per planet on average).
I never played SWTOR because I knew it would never live up my expectations after playing SWKOTOR and SWKOTOR2
MMOs in general are shitty time-sinks, perpetuated by people who enjoy doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. They never interested me to begin with.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by jugglingfreak

It's not bad. I'm F2P and honestly have never purchased anything and it hasn't hindered me in any way. In fact, I think it makes you a better player.

Really? They really don't sell it well though

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

It just sounds awful. Half sprint. What does that even mean? I have to move slower because I don't pay? Ridiculous.

It just means you get sprint a little later than the people who pay, overall you get the same stuff, just a little later. The biggest pain about playing free is they only give you like 25% of the experience you would get if you were to pay, takes forever to lvl up after lvl 20, mind you the game does give you xp boosters to even things out a little more. All that being said, hey, it's free hahah.
Quote by Trowzaa
Really? They really don't sell it well though

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

It just sounds awful. Half sprint. What does that even mean? I have to move slower because I don't pay? Ridiculous.

Yeah, that chart is not good. It's like Gallant said, you get sprint at lvl 15 (doesn't take that long to get there..) if you pay, you get it at the start.
Rarely play it. Don't have time to game much. Finished the game in summer with a Sith Sorcerer, currently lvl 38 with a jedi knight.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I think I spent like 50 bucks on it and gave them my credit card so I could get the one month free. After about like a month I couldn't really play it on my computer because of the lag so I stopped playing, then after awhile I tried to cancel my subscription but couldn't because I couldn't remember the security question.

In short if your MMO isn't better than World of Warcraft don't even bother.
SWTOR is much better than WoW. It actually has a story.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Wow, I tried to make an account, and literally every single name I tried was taken.

Time to go for a combination of obscure bands I know...

and after all that, it's a Windows only game and I'm on a Mac. Well played Bioware. Well played.
You actually get sprint at lvl 10 now btw, they probably lowered it a while after launch.
Quote by Neo Evil11

The Warcraft series has substantial lore behind it. The difference between the two is that SWtOR takes the player through the story as it happens.

And I don't really like either.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
The Warcraft series has substantial lore behind it. The difference between the two is that SWtOR takes the player through the story as it happens.

And I don't really like either.

I don't know. I just really like it. Good graphics, nice scenes for the story line, massive universe.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Yea it was really fun for awhile. But eventually I realized just how much it was like WoW and I stopped wasting my time on it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Yeah probably. Such an interesting universe. It was well thought out for me. The two sith lords are either pure blood granted anything, or the slave rising up to power, using the force to escape her chains. The very heart of the sith code. It was a story of betrayal, passion, a rise to power, yet with honor and the option to still do good.

The story line was ****ed up at some points though. At Coruscant with my Jedi knight I had to stop a man who was committing genocides on Aliens and we were fighting on their dead bodies.

And always the choice, where sometimes killing an enemy or not destroying a technology both which could benefit your faction, were "evil" choices. Difficult man.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Dec 5, 2013,
I had an account when it went live, played for 2 months, raided EV and Karagga, then quit. Went back like a year later to check it out. I couldn't log into my account because I had attached an authenticator app from my old phone and no longer had that phone. Tried to contact CS. Nothing. Tried to contact a GM in game with a free trial. Get an error message that says only subscribers can submit GM tickets. Uninstalled again, **** that.

When I first played at launch there had been so much potential. But then they blew it. It kinda pisses me off. They had gold in the making then pushed it out to early. I wish they had just hired regular VAs instead of spending massive amounts to get famous voices and then they could have spent that big VA budget on actual gameplay...
Last edited by Seref at Dec 5, 2013,
I played a Sith Sorcerer I think, and I made him as evil as possible. I never did a good deed lol.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Neo Evil11

Behave. The WoW lore is ridiculously extensive.

Here's the entire back story of Thrall.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Thrall

I did play TOR for about a year after launch, I forgot my account details and then they changed it so I couldn't log in with my email address anymore
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Neo Evil11

Clearly you haven't played any of the previous Warcraft games...