I was wondering the other day.

Even though I've said this in almost every single one of my past threads, I'm going to say it again.

I live in Pakistan, a place where getting musical equipment is a real hassle and very limited.

I am interested in buying guitars and such equipment, and I have found a lot of stuff on Ebay, Amazon and Musicians friend etc. that is appealing, Would anyone have any idea how stuff can get from there to here ?

I have absolutely no idea what happens in a situation like this, Is it even possible ? Is this known as international shipping ? Does it ever happen ? Is it very costly ?

P.S I currently have my eyes set on the signature Dave Mustaine Peace Sells VMNT
No seriously amazon is all about drones now. Well they're still testing.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by captaincrunk
maybe a friend in a nearby country to act as a middle man

I have a lot of relative and friends residing the in United States, But none of them are coming to visit soon.
Quote by ichiefG13
No seriously amazon is all about drones now. Well they're still testing.

how much would it suck to see the drone carrying your new thousand dollar guitar get shot down via RPG from your neighbor who thinks it's some sort of American spy device?
Quote by MehrozeGillani
I have a lot of relative and friends residing the in United States, But none of them are coming to visit soon.

I think he meant connections around were your at, like a pen pal almost?
Quote by MehrozeGillani
Do they know how to mail a package
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by MehrozeGillani

I live in Pakistan, a place where getting musical equipment is a real hassle and very limited.
Move. Or get it delivered out of country close by and pick it up/have someone else deliver it from that point.
Quote by captaincrunk
how much would it suck to see the drone carrying your new thousand dollar guitar get shot down via RPG from your neighbor who thinks it's some sort of American spy device?

this could be true but once they se the friendly smile and the word amazon they'll be happy to see something other than a bomb. then again they just might be dicks
Quote by behind_you
Do they know how to mail a package

Is it possible to mail an entire guitar to another country ?

Quote by ichiefG13
this could be true but once they se the friendly smile and the word amazon they'll be happy to see something other than a bomb. then again they just might be dicks

The problem of having the guitar land safely without the drone destroying everything in entirety is still present though. Unless of course.. I can catch the guitar somehow and render the drone useless.
Quote by ichiefG13

Colorado is starting the trend here. Hopefully their next move will be shooting down airplanes, cus they're basically the same thing amirite? Live next to the airport? Not anymore.
Quote by seanlang01
Move.

ROFL, I like how casually you just said that.

Quote by seanlang01
Or get it delivered out of country close by and pick it up/have someone else deliver it from that point.

I do have a friend in China, Possible ?
Why dont you come visit your family then go back?
Quote by MehrozeGillani
Is it possible to mail an entire guitar to another country ?
Well, yes

I mean, you can order a guitar in America, and it is shipped to you. They could simply forward it to you in the same packaging.

Or more packaging, just to be safe. Bubble wrap everything
ggg1 ggg3

Declare jihad.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Most online retailers will ship internationally.

As long as you get mail in Pakistan, you should be able to order whatever you want. Shipping might cost a boatload though.

And yes, guitars get shipped all the time. I wouldn't go eBay though. The seller might be weary of sending it to the Middle East because, and nothing against your part of the world here, many scammers will have the seller ship the item to the Middle East and then cancel the payment (to get the item for free). It's sort of a thing in that part of the world and most people have caught onto it. I know it happened to my Dad twice.

If you're not too sure about it, there's customer support numbers and email addresses (sometimes even live chat) on websites like Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, Sam Ash, and Amazon where you can make sure that they'll be able to send it your way.

Good luck!
Last edited by mjones1992 at Dec 4, 2013,
Like I go 'I want that' and I use my card or paypal to convert the currency and hope not to get ripped off by postage fees.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o