Hey guys, so yesterday i recorded a cover of probably my favorite instrumental song of all time. I learned the whole thing by ear, ive known bits and pieces of it for years, but i decided to learn the whole thing (Well, except the end section, which is just marty improvising anyways, so i decided to improvise over it as well! haha) I recorded the Rhythm guitars, bass, programmed the drums, and recorded the lead guitar live in the video. Id love to know what u guys think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPG-sZ2hItw

As always, I will C4C!

Thanks a lot guys!

All the best,

Jake P
Thank you so much for kind words to my song

Now lets go for this. First of all its always nice to hear covers with great quality. I notice nice phasing in your playing. I definetly hear/see the feeling. And i also enjoy your pretty agressive vibrato what sits nicely in this song. Sick that you learned this song by ear. Im always so lazy if i learn some covers so im watching tabs Nice work!
Quote by Tuubezzz
Thank you so much for kind words to my song

Now lets go for this. First of all its always nice to hear covers with great quality. I notice nice phasing in your playing. I definetly hear/see the feeling. And i also enjoy your pretty agressive vibrato what sits nicely in this song. Sick that you learned this song by ear. Im always so lazy if i learn some covers so im watching tabs Nice work!

thanks a lot man!!! I appreciate the crit a lot! Ive always been an extremely lazy person haha BUT Ive found my ear to be more accurate most of the time. I usually use tabs as more a guideline, and my ear to flesh out the details. PLUS the more u use ur ear the easier it becomes! Especially if u have a good knowledge of theory. Until i really learned theory, i was terrible at using my ear. Now i think im ok at it.
Great cover! Also loving the aggressive vibrato. Very nice expression too - my favourite part.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Great cover! Also loving the aggressive vibrato. Very nice expression too - my favourite part.

Thanks man! Im always working on my phrasing, to me, any lick can sound amazing if you phrase it right. Almost all shred music, the shredding is secondary. The main part is having a melody thats unique. Bending and Vibrato imo are BY FAR the most important things for guitar playing. In my experience playing live, the audience could give a S*** how fast u play haha its more in the phrasing. Im glad u liked my phrasing and take on this piece! Ive worked very hard on my style for a long time now!
Ooh .. That vibrato is amazing !!
Technique is very very good and clean , same for quality .
I really enjoyed seeing this video
Gear:
-Jackson DK2M [Black]
-Vox Tonelab ST
-Randall RX-15M

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Channel

Cheers \m/ \m/
Wow great job
I really like your technique and like others said that vibrato (Y)
woww. nice, my favorite alltime instrumental by maestro friedman, although he has loads goods stuff. Not as smooth in the beginning, but thats next to impossible to play like friedman, because of the unique picking he has, but u did really good. nice improv in the end too . sry for the late c4c :P
Quote by White Python
woww. nice, my favorite alltime instrumental by maestro friedman, although he has loads goods stuff. Not as smooth in the beginning, but thats next to impossible to play like friedman, because of the unique picking he has, but u did really good. nice improv in the end too . sry for the late c4c :P

Its ok man, thanks alot for listening!!! haha I wish i could phrase 1/10000th as good as friedman, haha maybe one day! haha