I'm looking for an amp to get near the sounds of these two Motley Crue songs:

Sticky Sweet

Slice of Your Pie

I'm hoping for something around 20-40 watts, 2-3 channels, FX-loop, head(I have a Marshall 1936 cab) or 1x12 combo. Budget is under 800€. I'm doing shows in a club-like environment so I can't get a JCM or something like that.

I've been looking at the new DSL40C but the local dealer only has the 15, and I understand they sound quite different.

Suggestions?
Krank 1980 Jr

I have the 20 watt and it is a rad little head, very HR marshall tone, 2 foot switchable channels (the clean is really nice with lots of head-room), FX loop, 21lbs and they run $300-$375 used.

Or you can go here and get a brand new one for $399 www.krankamps.com you can afford a new one with shipping and taxes no problem.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I can't find a place to buy it on that page. They only mention the REV and Krankenstein. Also, they don't ship them to Europe, and I live in Denmark. I'll see if I can find one at a european dealer.

Any other ideas?
jet city on thomann probably

i'm guessing the dsl would work but i've only tried the older ones
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Boz0r
I can't find a place to buy it on that page. They only mention the REV and Krankenstein. Also, they don't ship them to Europe, and I live in Denmark. I'll see if I can find one at a european dealer.

Any other ideas?

Send them an Email, they will ship to Eu. They also state they will put any Krank or Stiff amps circuit in the head shells for $399
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 4, 2013,
Jcm2000 Dsl401
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I mainly wanted to say that I am a huge fan of the Crue's 'blues/hair/metal' thang

I quite like motley crue (the more famous songs), but dang, i saw those lyrics in the youtube links and i think i need counselling now
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sticky sweet especially IIRC.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Addendum: When I play leads in Amplitube with a JCM model and an overdrive, the sound is more compressed and full, so my shitty technique sounds much better than with a real amp. Can I get this with a powerful overdrive or something? (I don't have time to practice much )
Quote by Boz0r
Addendum: When I play leads in Amplitube with a JCM model and an overdrive, the sound is more compressed and full, so my shitty technique sounds much better than with a real amp. Can I get this with a powerful overdrive or something? (I don't have time to practice much )

keep practicing, guitar is a difficult instrument to get proficient at. If there was a magic amp we'd all have it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Apparently, Amplitube is a magic amp, then, as it achieves what I want. :p

Job and full-time student doesn't leave too much time for practicing, sadly
Quote by Boz0r

using as overdrive pedal as a boost to an already overdriven moderately high gain tube amp will probably help, at least a bit, yeah. but it's not magic, as robbgnarly says, you need to practise too, if you can at all.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
practice. trying to cover up bad technique with goobs of distortion is a time honored tradition but will betray you in the end. if you have a good tone then you will be more inspired to find time to play. bear in mind there is a big difference between a good tone and one that covers sloppy playing.