Page 1 of 2
The opposite of the other thread.
What are some bands you should dislike, but don't?

I despise black metal, for example, yet I like Melechesh
I also like listening to Stuck Mojo, despite the fact that generic rap metal is lame

What about you, pit?
I have nothing important to say
Protest the Hero and Mastodon.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I like this thread.

Well Eminem is the obvious choice for me, I can't stand rappers in general and I dislike hip hop but Eminem has really solid tracks.

I don't really like electronic music but I have been listening to a lot of Bonobo recently.

I don't tend to like alternative rock but Placebo I have liked for years.

Shpongle are unlike anything else I listen to but I freaking love them.
Justin Bieber

Not much of a bubblegum pop fan, but this bloke makes some alright tunes.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Random3

Well Eminem is the obvious choice for me, I can't stand rappers in general and I dislike hip hop but Eminem has really solid tracks.

Racist.

I can't stand metal nowadays but once in a while i listen to Sepultura and Pantera and enjoy it as much as i did during my long gone metal phase.
Quote by ichiefG13
What do you gain from this?

Wealth and power. It's one small step from making this thread to taking over the world.
I have nothing important to say
Miley Cyrus

also, obligatory ohlookit'sthisthread and 'isn't this just the guilty pleasure music thread' and so forth.
M.I.A.

I can't stand anything else like it, usually, but her stuff is fantastic
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Justin Timberlake...
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Not a band but a genre for me. Never liked electronic music but I have a soft spot for Dubstep

Also, Justin Timberlake. Love the song Seniorita
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Last edited by SFosterS at Dec 4, 2013,
Oh and Nicki Minaj. h8ers gon h8

Yes I like Timberlake as well.
And then I never could stand emotional pop love songs, but really liked that Bruno Mars - Just the way you are. And Lady Gaga - Bad Romance, it's a fun song.
Also like a whole album from the band Keane and they don't even have a guitar.

It's hard admitting to like pop songs when back in the day it was all about the most brutal metal and everything else sucked and was for pussies.
Cyndi Lauper,Madonna (true blue is dope), Patt Benatar, Roy Orbinson
Chiodos
Circa survive
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Dec 4, 2013,
Deafheaven (as someone mentioned before),
PTH (Although I was a big fan of Mars Volta in my early 20...If that makes sence),
some black metal band I had seen on Youtube where the singer had a white face and there were barbed wires around the microphone(forgotton name)
john Mayer
Blink 182
Eminem
Black eyed peas

Those are some of my guilty pleasuringses, I'm sure I have more.
Quote by mattjamesrenn

PTH (Although I was a big fan of Mars Volta in my early 20...If that makes sence),

not really.....
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Garth Brooks
Lady Gaga
Björk
Public Enemy
Michael Jackson
Katy Perry
Adam Lambert
Philip Phillips
Willie Nelson
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Skrillex is all right.

Blink 182 is all right.

For some reason I'm not crazy about The Mars Volta, but do enjoy Closure in Moscow.
Quote by WCPhils
not really.....

I like Katy Perry. Although I was a big fan of Sum 41 in my early teens, if that makes sense.

Oi...

Florida-Georgia Line...
Blake Shelton...
Miley Cyrus ('bangerz' tho)...
Rotary Connection...
Santigold...maybe?
Death Grips, I don't like rap

and James Blake and Author & Punisher, not really into electronic music normally.

I like that these bands have heavy emotion in their music (James Blake) or a heavy attitude (Death Grips, Author & Punisher)
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Dec 4, 2013,
AFI

It's probably because the nostalgia factor is so hard. Been listening to 'em for almost 10 years now.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
I'm going to step outside the guilty pleasure list and just go for one I don't really understand why I like.

Die Antwoord

I don't like aggressive people or most angry music, but for some reason I really like Die Antwoord. In fact they have a lot of the same stuff that I don't like about other rap artists, it just doesn't bother me with them.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by K'Nuckles
Skrillex. Dubstep fanboys say he's dog shit, but it's the only thing that could be labelled dubstep that I like. I listened to all his tracks that're on Spotify the other day and loved it.

Skrillex knows a hook when he hears it. That's good enough.
OT: The Unguided. I hated Sonic Syndicate, and they're basically the same band.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Garth Brooks
Lady Gaga
Björk
Public Enemy
Michael Jackson
Katy Perry
Adam Lambert
Philip Phillips
Willie Nelson

What, pray tell, is so unappealing about any of these musicians? . . . well, I'm not sure who Phil Phillips is, but that's neither here nor there. PE are amazing! Willie and Garth, don't even get me started. I remember many a great nights singing along drunk to their stuff.
The coathangers
Toto
Men at Work
The Bangles
Sail - Awolnation
Ways to go - Grouplove
A country boy can survive - Hank Williams
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons

There are alot of bands all over the board for me that I like one song from, but other than the one I can not listen to.
Page 1 of 2