Hey whats up ?

I finally decided to buy a 7 string guitar but there are 2 guitars I really want so I cant decide:

ESP LTD MH-417 BLKS

or Jackson SLATTMGXQ3-7 Soloist TBS

I play mostly metal so I figured the pick ups (both guitars have a emg 81-7 bridge and a emg 707 neck) are alright for that kind of music. But I don't know if a basswood body or a mahagony body suits better. I didn't hear much about Jackson 7 strings so I can't tell if they are generally nice or not.

Maybe someone can tell me something about these two guitars so I can finally decide

Thanks
Last edited by Hopedieslast at Dec 5, 2013,
They're definitely fine for metal, I've never played a Jackson guitar but I have played several LTD guitars and I think they're great. They've got active pickups, so it's debatable how much difference the wood in the guitar actually makes. Basswood is supposed to not have much tonality to it, it lets the pickups shine a bit more, mahagony makes your guitar sound a bit "darker". It's your preference, I own plenty of mahogany guitars so I'd probably go for basswood, these guitars will already be pretty dark sounding.

Edit: The LTD looks 10x better in my opinion.
If you go used you can try to find a LTD h-1007. It's going to be higher quality than those two guitars, but if not I'd take the LTD over the Jackson.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Thanks for your opinions. I finally chose the LTD mainly because it looks like a guitar built for batman. Nah just kidding (although it is kinda true) I really had some nice experiences with LTD so I think I can rely on a nice level of quality
Quote by ltdguy27
If you go used you can try to find a LTD h-1007. It's going to be higher quality than those two guitars, but if not I'd take the LTD over the Jackson.

I could order the H-1007 but it is a little bit out of my budget so I going with the MH-417