gal gadot is a knob
6 13%
ts is a knob
12 25%
superman is a knob
12 25%
I am satisfied with this casting.
11 23%
This should have been posted in the film thread.
7 15%
Voters: 48.
Page 1 of 2
It was announced yesterday that Gal Gadot, of the Fast and Furious movies,will be joining the cast of the Man of Steel sequel as Wonder Woman. This confirms earlier rumors that she was being eyed for the role. This will be Wonder Woman's first appearance on the big screen.

Thoughts?

poll incoming
¯\_()_/¯
who?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Just looked her up. SHe is very attractive. She should tie me up with that rope that wonder woman has.
you seem to have a thing for knobs
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.

Will be the only Wonder Woman
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Lame. Was hoping what's her name from Thor would be cast for it. She seems perfect for the role to me.

Edit: Jaimie Alexander is her name
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Dec 5, 2013,
I think wonder woman needs to be some pin-up esque type. It would represent the America at the time/the generation she's from.

Will be interesting to see what happens with this
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I'll just copy what I was previously posting on comic book sites.

"Mixed feelings. I'm excited for a DC cinematic universe, and I wish the movies were happening faster, like Marvel who puts out 2 films a year, so I don't have to wait, but this news feels like rushing it. I loved the idea of a Batman/Superman movie because doing a two person team up before the full blown team movie would have made its plan different from Marvel and The Avengers. Now that the film has all 3, it's basically already The Justice League, which means basically doing the Marvel formula, except skipping the part where you introduce characters individually. I'm still happy that at least that much is happening, but I would have really preferred news of a Wonder Woman movie on her own coming out. Especially since it's already strongly rumored that we're getting a Flash movie the following year. Flash gets a movie before Wonder Woman? Really?"
Should have been Alexandra Daddario for no reason other than I wouldn't mind staring at her for 2 hours

Quote by angusfan16
Lame. Was hoping what's her name from Thor would be cast for it. She seems perfect for the role to me.

this would have actually been really good.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Personally I'd rather they give the role to a more muscular women and not just try and fill the sex symbol quota. But I probably won't ever see the movie anyway so meh.
I know people are raging cuz they think she's too skinny and blah blah blah, but the real questions are: "who cares?" and "how does it even matter in any way whatsoever?"
Check out my band Disturbed
what kind of a name is gel anyway
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by angusfan16

That would've been a great choice.

Quote by Wormholes
Personally I'd rather they give the role to a more muscular women and not just try and fill the sex symbol quota. But I probably won't ever see the movie anyway so meh.

Exactly.

Gal Gadot is beautiful and sexy as hell, but she doesn't have the face or body type to be Wonder Woman.
But i also don't plan to see the movie, so...

On the subject of epic miscasts, what about Whiney Maguire as Peter Parker?

Also, Marvel > DC.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Colgate Total
Should've been Gina Carano.

I agree. She was/is dating the guy who plays Superman though which might be why she wasn't considered for the role. That and her limited acting experience.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I'll just copy what I was previously posting on comic book sites.

"Mixed feelings. I'm excited for a DC cinematic universe, and I wish the movies were happening faster, like Marvel who puts out 2 films a year, so I don't have to wait, but this news feels like rushing it. I loved the idea of a Batman/Superman movie because doing a two person team up before the full blown team movie would have made its plan different from Marvel and The Avengers. Now that the film has all 3, it's basically already The Justice League, which means basically doing the Marvel formula, except skipping the part where you introduce characters individually. I'm still happy that at least that much is happening, but I would have really preferred news of a Wonder Woman movie on her own coming out. Especially since it's already strongly rumored that we're getting a Flash movie the following year. Flash gets a movie before Wonder Woman? Really?"

You don't need to introduce the characters individually.fhe general public knows batman/superman/Wonder Woman, but only comic book fans knew Thor or Captain America's back story.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
She is very attractive and a decent actress but she looks too cute and shy to play Wonder Woman.

We're just going to have and see how this film turns out. It could be incredible for all we know haha. I haven't actually seen Man Of Steel yet but I <3 the Nolan Batman trilogy. Is it worth watching? (I also hate the generic character of Superman so if this film builds and actually shows he has weaknesses except Kryptonite, then I might like it)
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by lolmnt
You don't need to introduce the characters individually.fhe general public knows batman/superman/Wonder Woman, but only comic book fans knew Thor or Captain America's back story.

The general public doesn't know Wonder Woman's back story. The know what she looks like, and they maybe know that she has a lasso. I would doubt that most people could actually tell you her name if asked. Everybody knows who Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne are.
Quote by leony03
She is very attractive and a decent actress but she looks too cute and shy to play Wonder Woman.

We're just going to have and see how this film turns out. It could be incredible for all we know haha. I haven't actually seen Man Of Steel yet but I <3 the Nolan Batman trilogy. Is it worth watching? (I also hate the generic character of Superman so if this film builds and actually shows he has weaknesses except Kryptonite, then I might like it)

Man of Steel has incredibly divisive reviews. I, for one, thought it was great (not one of the best, but great), and it made me actually like Superman. I have a couple gripes with the movie, but it turned out way better than I anticipated.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Man of Steel has incredibly divisive reviews. I, for one, thought it was great (not one of the best, but great), and it made me actually like Superman. I have a couple gripes with the movie, but it turned out way better than I anticipated.

I may give it a shot then
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
DC is ****ing awful anyway. I mean, did people expect them to put out a decent movie after the awful shit that was the newest Superman? Only braindead mongs found that movie enjoyable.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
DC is ****ing awful anyway. I mean, did people expect them to put out a decent movie after the awful shit that was the newest Superman? Only braindead mongs found that movie enjoyable.

It's a good job only your opinion is correct.

She doesn't exactly have the body you would expect for wonder woman, but they might bulk her up a bit. She's pretty fit and a decent enough actor, so i don't have any real objections.

Dunno if any of you have heard, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ca9OJ4nW0M
Manchester United
Quote by TunerAddict

MOS wasn't that bad but lets be honest here, what spiderman film with Tobey Maguire was even remotely that good? They were all cheesy american summer blockbuster crap.
So it's not just DC, marvel films are never great, they're only very average at best.

And put it this way, there has never been a marvel film close to the Nolan batman films.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
MOS wasn't that bad but lets be honest here, what spiderman film with Tobey Maguire was even remotely that good? They were all cheesy american summer blockbuster crap.
So it's not just DC, marvel films are never great, they're only very average at best.

I can agree to that, although I don't even think the Nolan Batman films are half as good as everyone claims them to be.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by ProgFripp74
And put it this way, there has never been a marvel film close to the Nolan batman films.

Seeing as though DC said they want to put out quite a few films per year (video above), reckon they'll try to continue the batman universe with JGL as Nightwing? There's already rumours of Nightwing being in MOS2.
Manchester United
Quote by TunerAddict
DC is ****ing awful anyway. I mean, did people expect them to put out a decent movie after the awful shit that was the newest Superman?

I guess if a franchise releases one bad film, it is forever ruined and they will never recover again. You probably give up hope on a band if after four albums it finally releases a shitty album.

I don't care for DC that much outside of Batman btw, just poking a hole in your logic here.
Quote by StewieSwan
I know people are raging cuz they think she's too skinny and blah blah blah, but the real questions are: "who cares?" and "how does it even matter in any way whatsoever?"

But...but...but accuracy to the source material! Every film adaptation of anything must be 100% true to the source to the last detail! And god help you if you forget a side character whose presence is important for the third sub-plot
Quote by Linkerman

On the subject of epic miscasts, what about Whiney Maguire as Peter Parker?

Tobey was a hell of a lot better than that brat in the Amazing Spiderman
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Wormholes

Christian Bale was a skeletal skinny dude when being cast as Batman, but he buffed up and nobody noticed.

Couldn't she just do the same? Buff up?
Quote by Shabalaba
Seeing as though DC said they want to put out quite a few films per year (video above), reckon they'll try to continue the batman universe with JGL as Nightwing? There's already rumours of Nightwing being in MOS2.

Ben Affleck as Batman confirms we are no longer using that universe, if it wasn't already all but confirmed before that. It would be a terrible idea anyway. The Nolan Batman universe went out of it's way to make sure there's was no magic or superhero or fantastical things of any nature.
The best major comic book hero movie also was the least financially successful

Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by TunerAddict
I can agree to that, although I don't even think the Nolan Batman films are half as good as everyone claims them to be.

Again I think that comes down to personal preference, I thought the Dark Knight was an amazing film but I think the Nolan films were highly regarded because they didn't stick to the child friendly, cringey romance, tacky villain formula every other superhero film goes with. They were dark and quite brutal which is what they should be, they weren't designed to be family blockbusters.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by Shabalaba

A dude from Girls has been cast as Nightwing (or is rumored to be)?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
The best major comic book hero movie also was the least financially successful

I enjoyed the Punisher as much as the next guy, but it is a pretty bad film.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Ben Affleck as Batman confirms we are no longer using that universe, if it wasn't already all but confirmed before that. It would be a terrible idea anyway. The Nolan Batman universe went out of it's way to make sure there's was no magic or superhero or fantastical things of any nature.

Well even if it isn't JGL, i saw something a while back about them possibly including nightwing and wonder woman, and they have confirmed wonder woman now.

I didn't mean I want it btw . It was really more of a question, do you think they will continue the batman stuff with JGL as nightwing?

Quote by lolmnt
A dude from Girls has been cast as Nightwing (or is rumored to be)?

That guy from vampire diaries is in the running too, it's not confirmed yet who has got it or if it's even a role.

Quote by gonzaw
Christian Bale was a skeletal skinny dude when being cast as Batman, but he buffed up and nobody noticed.

Couldn't she just do the same? Buff up?

Same with the chap who played superman, he was HUGE for that film.
Manchester United
Last edited by Shabalaba at Dec 5, 2013,
Page 1 of 2