Alright, i will be perfectly honest here. I work for a pawn shop and actually am looking at one of the guitars we have gotten in recently......I have no idea about this brand, looking around online i have found absolutely nothing. Mainly i am wondering if this is a absolute piece of junk or if it is a serviceable guitar for a pretty casual player.

It is a Simon F-2002/RDS

Any assistance would be fantastic.

if you would like some pictures i will gladly e-mail them to you, even at lowest quality can't get them under 97kb sorry folks
Quote by DUISparky
Don't know if it's the same Simon, but I found this on the goog.

http://www.simonguitars.com/gallery.html#

Hmm...small USA luthier in CA? I like some of what I saw in his gallery. He does list some notable pros in his (short) artists list. Might actually be decent.

My one concern is hat he uses a lot of Dragonfire pickups, which are decent but not what I'd expect on a "luthier" guitar. But everything else- Grover tuners, Bigsby trems, etc.- seem decent.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 5, 2013,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Hmm...small USA luthier in CA? I like some of what I saw in his gallery. He does list some notable pros in his (short) artists list. Might actually be decent.

My one concern is hat he uses a lot of Dragonfire pickups, which are decent but not what I'd expect on a "luthier" guitar. But everything else- Grover tuners, Bigsby trems, etc.- seem decent.

If you look closely he buys his bodies and necks and assembles them for the most part. So he builds part-casters and sells them. That's a guitar-tech not a luthier
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
SIMON Guitars are hand assembled in Fairfax, California, by the owner and founder, Simon Costa. Simon builds or buys parts and bodies, necks and hardware, from around the world, and custom completes every SIMON Guitar. Each SIMON Guitar is hand finished, including wiring looms and hand-cut pickguards, set up to the buyers specifications, including string guages and string heights, and is also guaranteed for life.*

(Emphasis mine)

I'd say it depends on the particular guitar.

And as long as I'm not being charged handmade prices for mass-machined bodies, etc., and the thing plays ll, I'm not too concerned.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 5, 2013,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
(Emphasis mine)

I'd say it depends on the particular guitar.

And as long as I'm not being charged handmade prices for mass-machined bodies, etc., and the thing plays ll, I'm not too concerned.

yeah I agree, I just wanted to point that out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate