Now that I have your attention . You can see it's not an iceman! But it's a 2012 Fender FSR Deluxe Ice Blue Metallic Stratocaster! Got it tuesday, but didn't get around til taking a few pictures today. Have a few questions as well. Out of the box the setup and paint finish were flawless. Despite he action being a bit too high, but that's easily fixable. Sound-wise, this guitar is very very versatile. There's even sounds that I don't see myself using, but it's nice to have them when feeling creative. Never played a compound radius fretboard before, but it's very comfortable as well as the neck and cutaway neck joint.

Edit: forgot to resize. sorry!

Guitar

Question 1: Weird Dot. Defect or normal?

Question 2: The top(bottom in picture) of the fretboard is much darker than the bottom half and goes from 19th fret to first. This is just the cut of wood right? Not a defect of any sort?

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions .
Last edited by HammerParty at Dec 5, 2013,
wow none of the screws are the same orientation!

i'd return that, there is no way that can sound right all messed up like that.

or send it here i'll fix it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Probably...

The wood looks normal to me.

And that's a pretty frosty Fender! HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I was kidding. OFC it is.

Ahh I figured it was part of the cut. But what about that little dot on the knob?

Also thanks. I'm really loving the color and feel of it. I more afraid of the n3 pickups but they're pretty clear, no 60 cycle hum and with my ts808hw they get heavy!
The odd dot on the switch may be a defect, probably where the switch cover was removed from the molding sprue and not properly smoothed out.

...but its a $1.50 fix, max, if it even bothers you.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 5, 2013,
AHhh yeah. I wasn't going to send it back over that. I imagine it just pops off and pops back on, no? Either way, I'm really happy with this guitar and hoping to have either an 11 rack or new amp soon to play it on. My Jet City JCA22h is too bright for it!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The odd dot on the switch may be a defect, probably where the switch cover was removed from the molding sprue and not properly smoothed out.

Even brand-new Fender switch tips (bought in separate) usually have that little imperfection. That's absolutely normal.

TS, that's a great looking Strat. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Thanks for the re-assurance all is good now! The fretboard looks so weird, it's really darker than the picture on the dark spot. I like it though, makes it unique.
Fender Iceman? You have a diseased mind!

Sweet guitar, though. HNGD! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by HammerParty
The fretboard looks so weird, it's really darker than the picture on the dark spot. I like it though, makes it unique.

As others already said, it's also perfectly normal. It's simply the wood grain.

Personally, i like it.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Fatal it's an iceman! I live in MN and those colors are far more "iceman" than the ibanez one lol!!!!!!!!!
that switch tip? is that the dot?

that's where the plastic was injected into the mold. file it off it if bothers you.

it shouldn't effect the tone too much, i wouldn't think.

sexy strat, now go beat the **** out of it.
Quote by gregs1020
that switch tip? is that the dot?

that's where the plastic was injected into the mold. file it off it if bothers you.

it shouldn't effect the tone too much, i wouldn't think.

sexy strat, now go beat the **** out of it.

5-Way switch covers are what gives Strats their quack!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I'm pushing it down, but it's not quacking! Kidding! Yeah it's my first strat. I've wanted one for ages and didn't have much experience for it. I was going to get a surf green one, but I saw this one and I just had to have it. Also quick question. Since this has locking tuners, how low can I actually downtune* with them? Thanks.
Last edited by HammerParty at Dec 5, 2013,
you can tune them all the way down until they flap gently against the what the **** are you asking?

Quote by JustRooster
5-Way switch covers are what gives Strats their quack!

this cannot be denied.
Quote by HammerParty
I'm pushing it down, but it's not quacking! Kidding! Yeah it's my first strat. I've wanted one for ages and didn't have much experience for it. I was going to get a surf green one, but I saw this one and I just had to have it. Also quick question. Since this has locking tuners, how low can I actually downtune* with them? Thanks.

Just tune it however you want, and then screw down the locking screws.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Strats are so boring you have to trick people into looking at them.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by J_W

You're boring.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by J_W

I do agree that their body shape is kind of boring. But the playibility you cannot deny! Also I love the color on this one. It's bootiful!
Quote by HammerParty
I do agree that their body shape is kind of boring. But the playibility you cannot deny! Also I love the color on this one. It's bootiful!

It's a nice color for sure and I meant no offense, I was just joking around.
Quote by HammerParty
I'm more a super strat guy. But I'm feeling fender as ****!

I'm a superstrat guy too, the only thing I really dislike about strats is pickguards, for whatever reason I just hate em.

HNGD, enjoy the new axe!
Yeah man. Just waiting for some new strings. Local shop here charges $9 for just normal eernie ball / d'addarios. Cobalt is $15!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I had to order them haha. Definitely enjoying though!
gorgeous color! I need a strat again for sure. love this finish! enjoy her!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab