Page 1 of 3
So i dunno if any of you Fallout nerds have been paying attention to the internet recently, but this website has been a thing for about a month now.

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

This is guessed to be the Fallout 4 release website, and what you're hearing on the site is Morse code.

For the past month now there have been different codes going off at different times, and it seems to be a RPGing of events in Fallout 4 (just my guess).

Here's a website of all of the cracked codes and messages.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/12/thesurvivor2299-com-fallout-4-clue-5-december-morse-course

So what do you think? Is this just a hoax or is it truly Fallout 4? And i would've put this in the fallout thread, but it's 4 months dead and i'm looking for more than just three replies.

edit: More detail into those cracked messages

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pJLwd0osKpnp6kEogWh6KAZZiM0Rh-odwWCDc3VEMVE/preview?pli=1&sle=true

IT'S ALL BULLSHIT AND LIES
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Dec 7, 2013,
heard it was likely to be set in Boston. If that's true I can't wait
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Some guy made a huge post on reddit proving it fake but I can't be arsed finding it now. It was something to do with where the website was hosted and the morse code spelling out the date in a different format to what Bethesda would have used.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Some guy made a huge post on reddit proving it fake but I can't be arsed finding it now. It was something to do with where the website was hosted and the morse code spelling out the date in a different format to what Bethesda would have used.

I was just looking for that as well. I was hoping he was wrong.

Quote by Baby Joel
Regardless of what it is, do want, because mystery.

Yeah, i wish i could decipher these codes and shit like other people are doing, but i don't have a clue how.
Sail upon the open skies
Fallout 4 is definitely coming out regardless. It's just a matter of when, rather than if.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Seems like Bethesda woulda said something if it's fake. Why would they wanna keep that going if they don't have anything? I guess if they were planning something soon anyways the free publicity would be good but they better say something fairly quick for it to matter
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Seems like Bethesda woulda said something if it's fake. Why would they wanna keep that going if they don't have anything? I guess if they were planning something soon anyways the free publicity would be good but they better say something fairly quick for it to matter

because it creates hype.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I think it's just the way they're marketing

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/296754990222045184

But i dunno i'm just grasping at straws cuz i want this to be true so bad.
Sail upon the open skies
I really hope it is Fallout 4 - the timing seems about right too since New Vegas, especially with the new consoles out now I'd like to think they would have something for mid-late 2014 to take advantage of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that the site is using Fallout source code and the site also has listings for Bethesda-owned Fallout sites in its source code as well.

The domain is registered to Zenimax (Bethesda's parent company), but its not registered using the same service that they usually use.

Considering the shit that Kojima pulled with MobyDick Studios last year and how he got away with it, I wouldn't be surprised if other companies/studios follow suit the same way. If you want to get people talking and kickstart the hype machine, a vague but not-so-vague website with little clues here and there is sure a good way to do it.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by angusfan16
I was just looking for that as well. I was hoping he was wrong.

Yeah, i wish i could decipher these codes and shit like other people are doing, but i don't have a clue how.

There are morse code decoders and things like that online that you can use, I think there are even some that allow you to record the code and then they will decode it for you from the audio file.

If you have the time, you should at least try and learn basic morse code. Its really fascinating. I've been trying for years on and off.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I'm convinced it's Fallout 4, and I'm hyped as **** for it
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Bethesda applied for trademarks for a fallout 4, so that is confirmed for sure.

Bethsesda might have used a shell company to throw off the trademark trail, but that pretty much confirms it's likely to happen if they're applying and paying for one.

What the site for is moot, because they can't hide public documents like these, but after the countdown it'll likely show a teaser or some shit.
Last edited by stratkat at Dec 5, 2013,
Quote by stratkat
Bethsesda applied for trademarks for a fallout 4, so that is confirmed for sure.

Bethsesda might have used a shell company to throw off the trademark trail, but that pretty much confirms it's likely to happen if they're applying and paying for one.

What the site for is moot, because they can't hide public documents like these, but after the countdown it'll likely show a teaser or some shit.

Thats my guess too. They've been mum about Fallout for a while now, but there were always these rumors going around about "closed door" meetings at E3 and lots of shady shit like that.

This thread on Giant Bomb pretty much sums everything up pretty well.
http://www.giantbomb.com/bethesda-softworks/3010-786/forums/so-bethesda-registered-a-new-domain-and-started-a--1460295/?page=1

Also, the voice actor for 3-Dog from fallout 3 has been posting some tweets about vaguely fallout related songs and how "he's ready" and "really excited" about things...

My body is ready Bethesda. Take me.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Baby Joel
Very interesting stuff. So either, it's a well-designed marketing device by Bethesda, capitalising on the mania inside the internet, or it's a very well-designed troll.

Why spend money on a troll, registering legal documents, mocking fans?

It's not a troll, that'd be the dumbest thing they could do. I'd lose faith and realize they're just pissing in the wind.

Unrelated, rockstar applied for trademarks for a bully sequel.

Both will kill 100s of hours of my life.

When a company starts paying for copyrights and trademarks, they're STRONGLY considering, or already making that game.
Slowly waiting for the news. I've been watching my fallout facebook fan page like a hawk with new interesting details.

Game of the year right there. Fallout 3 is the only game to max me out on 600+ hours.
apparently www.thepropheteer.com is also linked somehow
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
apparently www.thepropheteer.com is also linked somehow

I know it's linked, because the symbol appears on both pages (and other Fallout stuff), but I don't really understand the intention of thepropheteer one. Anyone else know anything about it?
Last edited by Baby Joel at Dec 5, 2013,
Found this on reddit.

If you resize your browser window on the propheteer website, it makes the number 4:

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Either way you can find out about early games by following legal documents the company applies for, this is no enigma or secrecy. It's to get people talking about it, and I guess it's working.

Bethesda has trademarked the Fallout 4 name in Europe, a posting on the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Markets website has revealed.

The website serves as the official trademark office of the European Union. According to the post, Fallout series developer Bethesda Softworks LLC made the application, which has been marked with the date of receipt as November 14, 2013.

Earlier this month, a website registered to Bethesda's parent company Zenimax went live with a countdown clock, which suggested an announcement would be made on December 10.

The rumored Fallout 4 is believed to be set in Boston, Mass. The most recent Fallout title was 2010's Fallout: New Vegas, which was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and set in a postapocalyptic Las Vegas.

Bethesda has also recently trademarked Starfield and Soulburst, as well as Void Engine, none of which have been officially announced to date.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-trademarked-in-europe-by-bethesda/1100-6416223/

My only gripe with new vegas is there was no truely heroic ending, the best ending was set up in mr houses tower, and live it out in luxory, because after all, you were just a courier who got his revenge, so getting a life of luxery was the best option there after. Fall out 3, there were evil, neutral evil, and heroic endings.
It's obvious there was always going to be a Fallout4, but shit like this is fun as all hell to speculate about. Guess we'll know in 6 days!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Baby Joel
I know it's linked, because the symbol appears on both pages (and other Fallout stuff), but I don't really understand the intention of thepropheteer one. Anyone else know anything about it?

It's a play on the word profiteer, but using prophet. There are a few things in the Fallout universe that that can be related to, but nothing solid. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search=prophet+&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&ns14=1

The spinning things on the webpage obviously have something to do with nuclear fusion.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
I genuinely get the feeling that this is going to drag on longer than the fallout fans expect. The fans expect an announcement. I don't. I expect there to be 4 sites. And I expect that countdown to ultimately lead to the third.

Quote by metacarpi
Found this on reddit.

If you resize your browser window on the propheteer website, it makes the number 4:

HOLY ****ING SHIT!
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by metacarpi
Found this on reddit.

Half Life 3 confirmed.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
Half Life 3 confirmed.

Quote by Trowzaa
Fallout 4 is definitely coming out regardless. It's just a matter of when, rather than if.

Word.

whether or not its fake doesnt really bother me. its a bit of fun and we all already knew that fallout 4 is close
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Whenever Fallout 4 does come out, I doubt I'll buy it at all. 3 and NV were filled with so many glitches they should never have been released, even after all the patches for them they still play like shit.
Quote by Thrill-house
Whenever Fallout 4 does come out, I doubt I'll buy it at all. 3 and NV were filled with so many glitches they should never have been released, even after all the patches for them they still play like shit.

What were you playing it on? The PS3 and 360 versions were complete garbage (like most other Bethesda games) but the PC version wasn't that bad at all.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by stonyman65
What were you playing it on? The PS3 and 360 versions were complete garbage (like most other Bethesda games) but the PC version wasn't that bad at all.

I've played all of them on both consoles and pc. They're near unplayable on ps3, 360 was better but still a lot of problems. Same for pc (and this is back when I had a really nice gaming pc) random crashes, stuttering, it was ridiculous.
Page 1 of 3