Gear: Schecter Omen 6, Peavey XXX 112, ISP Decimator 2, Boss Metal Zone

The random noise that I get from my amp has always bugged me, especially the buzzing I hear after open palm-muted chug patterns, assuming I don't mute the strings with my left hand. Most of the time I can just stop the sound with my left hand, but in certain situations my left hand is available to do this since I'm playing on other strings immediately after a chug pattern (I play mostly Circle of Contempt, Veil of Maya, BTBAM, etc.).

I bought an ISP Decimator 2 hoping to fix the problem. I put it at the front of my rig, in front of all other pedals. This did a lot to get rid of the noise but I still got that buzzing after open chugging. I tried putting the pedal in the effects loop, but still had the same issue. Right after I did this, I heard some crackling and buzzing coming from the amp. With or without the Decimator 2 on, the clean started sound very dirty and distorted. I'm assuming I blew one of the power tubes. After removing the Decimator 2 from my rig, I still hear this distorted tone on the clean channel.

I have a few questions:

Did I blow the tubes somehow by putting the Decimator 2 in the effects loop? Or was this just a coincidence?

Is it possible to get rid of that post-chug buzzing, or is it inevitable? Could it be my guitar? Could it be my amp? Could a different noise gate or alternative setup fix this?

Thanks for your help.
it was a coincidence, putting a gate in the loop is completely fine. I'd re-tube the entire amp and see if you still have the same issues with noise.

are your cables really cheap? That could be a problem
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
what are you using the metal zone for?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Are you sure the amp isn’t picking up interference from some other electric equipment in your home? I just found out that one of my overdrive pedals buzzes like crazy when my halogen lights are on.
Quote by jpnyc
Are you sure the amp isn’t picking up interference from some other electric equipment in your home? I just found out that one of my overdrive pedals buzzes like crazy when my halogen lights are on.

fluorescent litghts are bad/ CRT moniters, sometimes microwaves
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I'm not sure how to quote multiple people at once, so I'll just answer all the questions here:

My cables are Monster/Planet Waves with the exception of the two small cables connecting my pedals. Also, I replaced the pre-amp tubes a year ago, I will for sure replace the power tubes.

I'm using the metal zone as my main distortion. I know it sounds crazy, but I just don't really like amp distortion that much.

I doubt that my amp is picking up interference from other electric devices. The buzz I'm talking about really isn't a consistent sound, it mostly occurs after playing palm-muted lows. I have noticed this sound while using my amp in other places and on other amps that I've owned as well. I will look into this more though so I can rule everything out.
Last edited by Haff at Dec 6, 2013,
Quote by Haff
I have noticed this sound while using my amp in other places and on other amps that I've owned as well.

If you’ve run into this on more than one amp then look at the guitar itself. It might be a bad ground. If you know how to solder it might be worthwhile to clean off the ground connection and resolder it.