I am planning on Purchasing USED guitar Ibanez RG350DX.

Now, according to the person who is selling the guitar, there are several issues. This is my FIRST electric guitar, and I need you to help me if how much will it cost to repair this guitar. There are three major issues that guy told me.

1st, guitar needs a b string. 2nd, it needs a setup for the tremolo system. 3rd, the screwes behind the headstock are loose and need to be tightened.Lastly, he said there are few dings (that shouldnt affect sound)

3rd issue, I know that can be done by myself. (since I can just tighten the screw) But I do not know how much will it cost (if I do it on the local store) for the other issue.

I was looking for this particular guitar for long time, but I wasnt able to get it because it was around 600$ to buy the new one (and I cant afford that). This is used one and I checked some of the photos, looked perfectly fine.

For the issues that I wrote on the above, how much will it cost ? Honestly, I dont think I need setup since I will be using it for rocksmith 2014 for while, and I can tighten the screw by myself, but if I were to do it all in local store, how much will it be?

Are the issues that I listed above effect the instrument ? I never used electric guitar so I need lots of help guys. Please enlighten me.
Last edited by customis at Dec 6, 2013,
Quote by customis
I am planning on Purchasing USED guitar Ibanez RG350DX.

Now, according to the person who is selling the guitar, there are several issues. This is my FIRST electric guitar, and I need you to help me if how much will it cost to repair this guitar. There are three major issues that guy told me.

1st, guitar needs a b string. 2nd, it needs a setup for the tremolo system. 3rd, the screwes behind the headstock are loose and need to be tightened.Lastly, he said there are few dings (that shouldnt affect sound)

3rd issue, I know that can be done by myself. (since I can just tighten the screw) But I do not know how much will it cost (if I do it on the local store) for the other issue.

I was looking for this particular guitar for long time, but I wasnt able to get it because it was around 600$ to buy the new one (and I cant afford that). This is used one and I checked some of the photos, looked perfectly fine.

For the issues that I wrote on the above, how much will it cost ? Honestly, I dont think I need setup since I will be using it for rocksmith 2014 for while, and I can tighten the screw by myself, but if I were to do it all in local store, how much will it be?

Are the issues that I listed above effect the instrument ? I never used electric guitar so I need lots of help guys. Please enlighten me.

run away. if you don't own an electric, don't buy one with issues you aren't even sure you know how to fix them or maybe not even see/know/understand/notice.

in the US, to get a setup maybe $25-$40 depending who and what they do. the trem could really be f***ed and you not know.

don't buy somebody else's problem unless you know what you are doing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Screws that need to be tightened? Why doesn't the guy just tighten them so it's not an issue anymore? Sounds fishy...
Last edited by Blackfire. at Dec 6, 2013,
Yeah, I wouldn't buy a used guitar from anybody that wasn't able to address those issues themselves.

If they don't know how to sort out those simple things then they've probably not looked after it very well.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I see :/ damn I was looking for this model for long time and finally able to got it but now there are issues I have to deal with. Main concern obviously is that I never played electric guitar so cant tell if there are any issues... Anyway thx for your help.
Check guitarcenter's website in their used section. You might be able to find one even cheaper or around the same place. :p
Some shops charge up to 100 bucks to set up a guitar with a Floyd. The cheapest you are going to find is going to be around 50 bucks.