Page 1 of 2
I'm dead scared of that shit, any reports ?

Yeah I know the pit is probably not the best place to ask this kind of question
Last edited by rprdo at Dec 6, 2013,
Unless you're a ****ing idiot and put your face right up to the headstock while stringing it abnormally fast then i dont see how you could be stupid enough to snap your eye. I've snapped my wrists and arms before, but eyes? Nah.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I've had one on my cheek before, left a pretty smooth scratch and absolutely killed.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I've had one break and slide itself into the back of my strumming hand before. Grim stuff.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Happened to me once and I immediately started to cry. Too bad cause that girl was having a real good time.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
I guess there's atleast a slim margin of possibility that it could happen. Just like there's a slim margin of possibility that you could be struck by lightning, and it's not entirely impossible that sharks could invent reverse-scuba tanks.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
my brother died in a freak guitar string-snap accident. so tragic, I miss him so much!
LIKE WRAPPING MY DICK IN SILK, WRAPPING THAT IN VELVET, AND PUTTING IT IN A CLOUD. A WARM, TIGHT, WET CLOUD.

Drink bleach. It is mostly water. And we are mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach.
Quote by Baby Joel
I got stung by a bee on the eye. That hurt.

I bet you looked like a chink when that happened....because the same happened to me when I was a wee lad
Whats goes around must come down
put a pillow or a dishcloth or something on the fretboard if you're worried
but unless you're using crazy gauge strings in crazy tunings, you've no need to worry
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I gave myself a black eye from the headstock of my LP copy once

your move, bitch

but srsly it was an accident
After jacking off about 3 times in that particular day, I jacked off a final time around midnight and as I was about to ejaculate I was trying to hold it off for as long as possible while stroking. So when I finally came my ejaculate shot out of me and slammed into my shoulder at an incredibly fast speed. I've never seen it come out with such force before or since. But thankfully, it never got into my eye.
Guitar string snapping on balls is a more common incident.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

i've never really snapped a string. i've only had a wound string sort of give out and come unwound. floyd rose ftw?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by glass_satellite
see how far you can put a string up your urethra.

it will prevent strings from snapping.

My genitals are weeping just from thinking about it.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by ichiefG13
I bet you looked like a chink when that happened....because the same happened to me when I was a wee lad

A "chink"? Really? What is this, the 50s?
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Nero Galon
My genitals are weeping just from thinking about it.

they'll be weeping so much that you won't be able to play guitar and so your strings will never snap
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
last time a string snapped on me, it just fell down harmlessly. and ever since then I chose ernie ball over daddario
Quote by DonGlover

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
I've had a sting get stuck in my thumb before, I was tuning a high E string, I tightened it too tight and it snapped and the end of there string got into my thumb, but it wasn't deep into the skin, I just pulled it out. And it snapped on my hand and now I had this red line on my hand
Last edited by AwesomeOne3 at Dec 6, 2013,
Its a rational fear, but I've never had a snapped spring hurt me. (knocks on internet wood)
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
No because I loosen my strings before I cut them.

Seriously, those things are under around 100 lbs. of tension. Do people actually cut them tuned to pitch?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Now you know that wearing shades while performing is not just a matter of image.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Quote by ChucklesMginty
He means when you're bending a string and it breaks or tuning it to pitch for the first time.

Oh, and imagine how violinists feel.

Ah. Well in that case, lucky enough that it's still no. They always seem to snap downward for me, but stop before smacking the back of my pick arm.

And their strings never break. My brother has a violin he played when he was 13. He had the same strings on it until he was twenty. They sounded crap, but they did not break or even look close to breaking.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
The string pulls in the direction along the string. Where do you reckon the vertical force strong enough to shoot the string in your eye would come from?
Nowhere. it just can't happen.

Unless, as already stated, you put your eye on the string while doing it.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
good job grammering there op

but nope, cut my hand many a times though. like, just jabbed right into a finger, **** **** ****ity ****
banned
Quote by DonGlover

That's a fairly common slur these days. It's not like he was using a particularly outdated word like "dago" or "pickaninny," so I don't really get the 1950's part of your comment.

You need to brush up on your racism and then you can come back to the Internet. I too was amused by an Internet badass patting himself on the back for using chink in casual, completely unrelated, online conversation, but I don't think use of antiquated vocabulary is why you should be upset.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Dec 6, 2013,
Quote by necrosis1193
No because I loosen my strings before I cut them.

Seriously, those things are under around 100 lbs. of tension. Do people actually cut them tuned to pitch?

try 200 mate, don't mean to be that guy, cuz i agree with you, these dudes be dipshits yeh?
banned
Quote by ichiefG13

that was unnecessarily racist..-

fuckin 13'ers
Quote by Redsectoreh
I must admit; every time I change my strings I fear this will happen to me.

this

when I am restringing and I start to tune, I point the guitar away from me because I really think a string will snap and go straight through my glasses and into my eyes.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
You guys seriously don't take the tension down first? You might just deserve a string in your eye. I mean, if its to the point that you live in fear of a string killing you, I think you're ******ed for doing anything except taking the tension down, if it concerns you so much.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Dec 6, 2013,
Page 1 of 2