So I'm looking at upgrading my speakers In my cab mainly for recording purposes.
I play high gain metal currently through an engl Blackmore.
So my main question is what speakers to go for?
I'm mainly tied between
Celeston v30s
Eminance wizard

However any other suggestions are welcome?

Please let me know (:
Gear

Ibanez erd340x
Ltd H-208
Engl Powerball
Line 6 Pod Pro original
Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Samson Wireless
Harley Benton 212
What's in the cab now, what are you looking for in your sound?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by tyler937
So I'm looking at upgrading my speakers In my cab mainly for recording purposes.
I play high gain metal currently through an engl Blackmore.
So my main question is what speakers to go for?
I'm mainly tied between
Celeston v30s
Eminance wizard

However any other suggestions are welcome?

Please let me know (:

i'd do something like a V30 and either a G12K-100 or eminence swamp thang. this would provide a modern sound with bite from the V30 and low end from the K or ST. i'd prefer a closed back cabinet for those tones.

what cab do you have, 4x12 or 2x12, what are the stock speakers you are replacing
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
erm it's a closed back harley benton 2x12 as for sounds I'm not really too sure :/
Gear

Ibanez erd340x
Ltd H-208
Engl Powerball
Line 6 Pod Pro original
Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Samson Wireless
Harley Benton 212
Quote by tyler937
erm it's a closed back harley benton 2x12 as for sounds I'm not really too sure :/

What I mean, is there something specific you want to improve? In general V30s sound good for metal but depending on what you want you may find something that suits better. I like a real sweet lead tone, so I have a couple splawn small blocks (similar to greenbacks) with a couple eminence screamin' eagles. You may like something a bit tighter, or beat thicker, or whatever.

Just try to think about what you don't like
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
what type of metal?

if you do decide to go for v30s you might find you can buy the harley benton g212 vintage for no more than it'd cost you to buy two v30s separately at retail prices
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wgs
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)