I've been out of town the last couple months, the first day I get back I picked up one of these.

The versatility of this amp is great, able to do nice cleans, blues, high gain, ect..with 3 power options 1/5/20. Perfect for bedroom or enough power to play with a group. Also sounds great boosted with an OD and also with a TS, I was playing through my Avatar 212. Very happy with this amp, will be looking at getting more ENGL's in the future for sure.

Once I move I'll be getting some recording gear and I can put up some vids or something if anyone is interested. I didn't want more stuff to pack up and move to the new house, but this deal was too good to pass up.

Very sharp lookin' amp! HNAD!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
So the real question, is it loud and does it still sound like an Engl cranked up?

HNAD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I love Engl amps. I have the Powerball v1, and contrary to popular belief, I think its fantastic. If I could afford to buy them all, I would. Great looking amp
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's been waaay too long since we had an NAD in here That is a great-looking amp, and I expect it sounds fantastic too! The 'lunchbox' tube amp market is really growing, and there are so many great options. I had to take my Mark IV to a gig last night, and found myself wishing I had a Mini Rectifier or something instead

HNAD! Looking forward to some clips when you can get them up.
Thanks all, yeah this amp sounds great...

Quote by Robbgnarly
So the real question, is it loud and does it still sound like an Engl cranked up?

HNAD

Yeah it's really loud... I cranked the lead volume and master at 4 on 20w mode and it was screaming, still sounds great.
Last edited by Blackfire. at Dec 7, 2013,
Damn that is sexy. I'll take Engl gain over any Slo, JCM, Recto, 5150/6505 or anything else you throw at it.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Über-cool. HNAD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
oomph
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by tas38
Damn that is sexy. I'll take Engl gain over any Slo, JCM, Recto, 5150/6505 or anything else you throw at it.

Yeah, really happy with his purchase. I've got the footswitch coming in the mail soon.

TY all.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
I think this is the first Ironball I've ever seen on here.

Nice amp, I want one now...
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I think this is the first Ironball I've ever seen on here.

Nice amp, I want one now...

You should get one.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by Blackfire.
You should get one.

I can't afford it, I've just bought a Fireball and a 1527 from Tom.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I can't afford it, I've just bought a Fireball and a 1527 from Tom.

Fireball is great too. I wouldn't mind getting the ENGL Extreme Aggression Fireball, Mille signature amp. Check it out if you haven't seen it.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by Blackfire.
Fireball is great too. I wouldn't mind getting the ENGL Extreme Aggression Fireball, Mille signature amp. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

I didn't realize he had a signature amp. I will check it out, the only thing I wish the Fireball had was more mids. Can imagine that getting lost in a mix (I have the silver fireball. Not the black one )

Though how does the Ironball compare to the Fireball?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I didn't realize he had a signature amp. I will check it out, the only thing I wish the Fireball had was more mids. Can imagine that getting lost in a mix (I have the silver fireball. Not the black one )

Though how does the Ironball compare to the Fireball?

It's kinda like a mini Fireball(minus the bright/depth switches), although the Ironball has a Gain Boost switch added to it.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Last edited by Blackfire. at Dec 12, 2013,
nice playing and tone there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

I was actually thinking about making another video without all the screw ups when I get over this cold lol.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Jmoarguitar
Wow

such pretty

much sex

amaze

That's what I tell all the girls...lol

Ty
[..BLACKFIRE..]