Is this common? I've been playing for about 3 and a half months, I have all the barres down, but when it comes to 2 and 3 string power chords I just can't play consistently and with the rhythm. My hand also fatigues quite quickly when playing powers but I still find barres comfortable.

I suppose this could be the product of learning most of the basics on Acoustic? Just switched over to Electric.
I'm guessing you thought because you can play barre chords that you wouldn't have to practice power chords, that's not how things work. The easier techniques are quicker to learn but they still have to be learnt.
Power chords are easier unless you have small hands.
My Guitar
BLACK Takamine G Series
Last edited by Rimuel at Dec 7, 2013,
I don't think it's common, but everyone's different so it doesn't really matter for you if it's common or not, just whether it affects you or not

I would imagine if you can barre you shouldn't have any problem with power chords if you practise them a bit. Most people would say barre chords are more difficult.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?