Hey guys, I have been working on an explorer but ran into some issues.

First issue, I drilled the stop piece a little bit off center and therefore its not in line with TOM bridge, will this affect anything? and if so, how should I fill the holes? with dowel or lots of filler?

Second issue, neck pocket was routed too small for the neck. I didnt want to sand the heel of the neck so I started sanding the pocket. However, one side of the neck sits slightly higher than the other and the bottom of the neck is not completely flush with the bottom of the body.

What should I do? Help would be appreciated!

http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Samboshin/slideshow/
Last edited by LPshin at Dec 6, 2013,
Quote by LPshin
Hey guys, I have been working on an explorer but ran into some issues.

First issue, I drilled the stop piece a little bit off center and therefore its not in line with TOM bridge, will this affect anything? and if so, how should I fill the holes? with dowel or lots of filler?

Second issue, neck pocket was routed too small for the neck. I didnt want to sand the heel of the neck so I started sanding the pocket. However, one side of the neck sits slightly higher than the other and the bottom of the neck is not completely flush with the bottom of the body.

What should I do? Help would be appreciated!

http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Samboshin/slideshow/

Do you have any pictures of the tail piece and ToM? It shouldn't be an issue. As long as the bridge is in the correct position, the only real risk is of strings slipping out of saddle slots, which shouldn't happen under tension.

The neck pocket is bad from a quality perspective, but it should also be fine. I'm guessing it's a bolt-on, so you don't have to worry about gluing surfaces and your bolts will hold it in position. The difference in height (~0.5mm?) can be corrected/compensated for using the height adjustment of the ToM.
Hi, If you need to redrill new holes.DO NOT use filler,ie bondo or wood filler.Use wood dowels
so was the body not planed properly and uneven?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
No, the body is very even, I just messed up the drilling part. The neck pocket was routed too small and I decided to sand it, creating a slightly flawed neck pocket .