Sorry for the crappy image, I took it with my phone.

Here it is! A Peavey Generation EXP tele copy!

Long story-ish, I got my first job about a month ago and saved my first two paychecks to get myself an early Christmas present. I went into the local music store looking for a MIM telecaster. I wanted one cause I've always loved the 'tele-twang' cause I can't get that sound out of my epi SG.

After about two hours of trying MIM tele's, a few G&L's, and clasic vibe squires I couldn't find one guitar that really "wow'd" me. So I went over to the MIA teles and found one I really liked. The sound was better than the other guitars, but it still didn't feel right. It was also $400 more than I expected to spend. And honestly I didn't want to spend $800 on a guitar.

Then I saw a white tele hanging. I saw it was a Peavey and I didn't know what to expect because it was the first Peavey I've played. So I plugged it in to a AC15(cause I have one at home), and immediately loved the way it felt. It has a nice glossy neck, and when I started to play it I was pleasantly surprised cause it sounded great. Yes, it didn't sound as good as the MIA tele, but it was up to par with all the MIM tele's I tested. It didn't have a price tag and I expected it to be $250+ but it was only $179 due to a few blemishes. I jumped immediately on it. Since it was black Friday weekend I copped it for $150. Now with the extra cash I plan on upgrading the pickups and tuners.

After playing it for a few days, I cannot be more happy with it. I love Hendrix, the Chili Peppers, Arctic Monkeys, and so on. The guitar suits those styles of music close to perfect. But what I'm happy with most is the deal and that with a little TLC, it could be up to par with the MIA I played.

Sorry I can't provide much information on the parts and whatnot cause I don't know the brand names and everything. I will post a video of me playing some time tomorrow cause it's midnight right now.

On a final note if someone could recommend what type of pickups would be nice it's be greatly appreciated. I'm going to be using this guitar for Chili Pepper'ish music to indie rock. Also a recommendation for tuning heads would be cool to as I know close to nothing about the technical aspects to them.

I apologize for the rant, thanks for taking the time to read it!
Check my vids
My youtube page

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Epiphone SG G-400 w/ Pearly Gates in the neck
Vox AC15
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Line 6 GX
Line 6 PODfarm 2
HNGD! And at a nice price, too!

You say you want to swap the pickups, but I'm aware that you're budget minded due to your post. How much money do you want to spend?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My max budget for a set of pickups is around $250
Check my vids
My youtube page

Vox AC15
Line 6 GX
Line 6 PODfarm 2
Give these a look:

http://www.amazon.com/Lace-Sensor-Telecaster-Guitar-Pickup/dp/B005KVYHDU

Lace is a good brand, so I expect these to live up to the rep. They are, however, the only Tele pickups Lace makes- I happen to b looking at Tele pickups, too, and that's what they said in the email.

You might also like the Tesla VR-TE or OPUS-TE:

http://www.teslapickups.com/?products=vr-te
http://www.teslapickups.com/?products=opus-te

I have a custom HSS guitar fitted with a VR-Extreme HB and 2 OPUS S-1 singlecoils, and am quite happy with the results.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 7, 2013,
I'll second a Tele with Lace Sensors. My dad's got a mid 90's MIA from when they used to come stock. It's one of the best sounding electrics I've ever played.

'Grats on the Peavey. It's a really nice looking Telecaster!
Here are some sound snipits of the guitar
https://soundcloud.com/jgomez06

Nothing impressive, just a few simple riffs so you can get the jist of the tone. The neck snipit also has a few riffs using the neck+bridge selection. I used POD farm to get the tones. Enjoy!
Check my vids
My youtube page

Vox AC15
Line 6 GX
Line 6 PODfarm 2
Awww yeah. What are you not liking about the sound? No reason to change the pickups if you like how it sounds.

I've been looking at MiA Peavey guitars myself, especially teles.
I'm not gonna lie the pick-ups are good, but I know it can be better. I get your point though samurai, I'm not gonna immediately upgrade it. I'm gonna do some research and also decide if it's worth it instead of being impulsive. I've already had to many impulsive buys in my years of playing hahaha.
Check my vids
My youtube page

Vox AC15
Line 6 GX
Line 6 PODfarm 2
the fender locking tuners are pretty good imo. plenty of other options too.

congrats, nice tele!

looks like it has proper brass saddles.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
My research on Tele pickups is revealing that, once you get to a certain level of quality, there doesn't seem to be much difference in sound...if you're going for a traditional sound.

The next step are those that are a little different. Then you start hearing things like SC pickups with P90 tones, the Charlie Christians, humbuckers, actual P90s and things like the Alumitones...and beyond.

Thanks guys! It looks like I'm leaning towards the Lace pickups if I'm gonna upgrade them, along with the Fender Deluxe Locking Tuners.
Check my vids
My youtube page

Vox AC15
Line 6 GX
Line 6 PODfarm 2
I never thought much about locking tuners...until I bought a couple of guitars that had them standard. I have to say it is more convenient, and it may be a plus to tuning stability.

Nice score.
Now go spank the hell out of it
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?