First off I'd like to say Hey, As I am new here.

I'm wondering if learning the Guitar with the Tab Pro feature that UG offers is a good alternative to being tutored. As I live in a country town and I am unable to get tutoring.

Thanks!
I'm not gonna bash tab pro on their own site. Pick up TuxGuitar (you can find it free via google). Tab pro is gonna be a good option if you use mobile phones, iPads and such a lot and want to read tabs from there - it's convenient like that. If you're a PC user for the most part, I can't recommend it because it's objectively inferior to Guitar Pro 6, Guitar Pro 5, TuxGuitar and arguably PowerTab (in that order). TP is the only one of those mentioned where you cannot edit tab, something that's gonna be essential for most serious players.
TabPro has it's advantages. The main one for me is that you can zoom in to enlarge the size of the tab so you don't have to be too close to the PC - for me that's a very big advantage, which neither GuitarPro or TuxGuitar have (AFAIK).

I'd recommend TuxGuitar over GuitarPro though, mainly because it's free. Never tried PowerTab.

None are an alternative to professional tuition though, they're just a way of learning songs. The don't help you with theory or technique.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
TabPro has it's advantages. The main one for me is that you can zoom in to enlarge the size of the tab so you don't have to be too close to the PC - for me that's a very big advantage, which neither GuitarPro or TuxGuitar have (AFAIK).

I'd recommend TuxGuitar over GuitarPro though, mainly because it's free. Never tried PowerTab.

None are an alternative to professional tuition though, they're just a way of learning songs. The don't help you with theory or technique.

You can zoom the tab with guitar pro, the option is on the right of horizontal screen mode button.
^Forgot to mention that. It doesn't teach you anything but maybe to read and use tab, as is with any tab player. If it advertises teaching you something, it's rather inaccurate. Sort of like when you had math in high school and learned a new formula for an equation, it doesn't help you much unless you know how to apply it.
Quote by Reages
You can zoom the tab with guitar pro, the option is on the right of horizontal screen mode button.

Never found that when I was using it

Moved on to Tux when the licence ran out on the copy I had though, the closest I've found in that is an option to change the font used on the tab, but if you enlarge the size too much the different strings start overlapping & generally looking crap.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Luckily for me, I've submitted enough tabs to use TP whenever I want off UG (I'm sure this is the case for most users), and the only benefit I've gained over GP, TG and what-not is that if I'm not in the mood to download a bunch of different GP files to learn a little section or so, then its useful to TP it; as opposed to just looking at the various tabs and wishing it was being played the way it does on GP.

As for anything else I can say about TP, I'd just be complaining, which I've already submitted my feedback to UG regarding it, so I won't waste my time again
Ugh, how disappointing! Finally got an ipad and the ipad version of the app doesn't have all the tools I purchased on my phone app.
Dont like it. Like the abvoe comment I get it free because of my number of submissions. I listen to a few of my tabs on it and was horrified at what I heard. It does not catch everything put in the guitar pros. Do yourself a favor get Guitar pro and hear tabs and the phrasing the transcriber put in the score!