I've been using a Roland Micro Cube for three years now (Yes, as my primary amp. You may not ridicule me for that decision, I was a beginner).

I wish to upgrade. I want a good Amp + Multi Effects Pedalboard, within 200-250 dollars. Any good suggestions?

(A good amp with built in COSM modelling is also quite feasible)

Fire away the suggestions!
Last edited by shawnkenneth at Dec 7, 2013,
Quote by xxbryce12xx
Have you looked at the Vyper yet or a Valveking?

Gonna look them up now. Thanks for the suggestion. Anymore good modelling amp or combo?
VOX Valvetronix or Fender Mustang. I had a VOX VT20+ and was pretty impressed by the modeling.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
If you get a modeling amp (vox vt gets my vote) you wont need a multifx. Or if you want a multifx, you may be able to find a cheap lil tube amp to pair with it.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
If you get a modeling amp (vox vt gets my vote) you wont need a multifx. Or if you want a multifx, you may be able to find a cheap lil tube amp to pair with it.

That's exactly what I planned to do. The Modelling amp was just an alternative..

What multi fx pedals do you recommend?
Quote by shawnkenneth
That's exactly what I planned to do. The Modelling amp was just an alternative..

What multi fx pedals do you recommend?

On the cheap side the Zoom G3 is great. If you go used you could probably squeeze in a powered floor wedge or maybe a small tube amp.

You probably need a lil more money for a "good amp"
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Dec 8, 2013,
Quote by lucky1978
On the cheap side the Zoom G3 is great. If you go used you could probably squeeze in a powered floor wedge or maybe a small tube amp.

You probably need a lil more money for a "good amp"

Are there any particular qualities I should be looking for in a Stage Wedge? Or just buy whatever I find? I remember seeing a few at my local store.. After I get the pedal, I'd just try it out on them all and see which sounds best.
In my opinion getting a modelling amp or multi fx is not much of an upgrade. I had a Boss GT-8 once and hated it as it was a pain to use. If you're a bedroom player I'd look at a cheap valve amp like the Orange Micro terror (even though its hybrid) with the micro cab and some joyo pedals but if you play metal then I'd probably save up for a bugera or something

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Last edited by blything09 at Dec 8, 2013,
Quote by shawnkenneth
Are there any particular qualities I should be looking for in a Stage Wedge? Or just buy whatever I find? I remember seeing a few at my local store.. After I get the pedal, I'd just try it out on them all and see which sounds best.

You're limited by your budget but you don't need much.

Its an interesting option, a powered wedge will work well with amp models but still be useful after you upgrade your amp.
Quote by blything09
In my opinion getting a modelling amp or multi fx is not much of an upgrade. I had a Boss GT-8 once and hated it as it was a pain to use. If you're a bedroom player I'd look at a cheap valve amp like the Orange Micro terror (even though its hybrid) with the micro cab and some joyo pedals but if you play metal then I'd probably save up for a bugera or something

I plan to play live, so I'm going to do the Pedal+ Simple amp as it will serve me better. But having not yet made a decision, I'll definitely look into your suggestions..