I'm not sure as to what genre this "song" belongs in, but since I'm into those genres I'd like some opinions from people with the same musical interests.

This is the first time I wrote what I can call a song, even though it's only one guitar. Oh yeah, the recording's also shit because of reasons, if you want to buy me equipment go ahead

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Minicaxotinho/music/play1233757

What do you think?
Is there anything "catchy" here? Is it boring/monotonous? ?

When I recorded this I was nervous because I had to submit it to a "contest" I'm doing and there wasn't much time left, so it's not as I would like, but after I wrote it I felt really good! At least now I know what it feels like to create something new! (I think, I've never heard this before).

Here's an ASCII cat for your troubles:

() ()
(·.·
( || )
(__()())fuck this cat
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Dec 7, 2013,
Wheres the drums? the bass? the concept of the song, you just do what every kid does, palm mutting distortion, and be agrressive , yeah!
Quote by SixStringSting
Wheres the drums? the bass? the concept of the song, you just do what every kid does, palm mutting distortion, and be agrressive , yeah!

I don't have those things, only a guitar with an amp that emits a constant buzz and a laptop microphone

But what I want to know is if this guitar part (let's call it that ) is any good. Does it sound too generic? Too boring? Is there anything catchy at all?

It's pretty cool but you should really work this out with drums and bass guitar and stuff. if you can't play those instruments you should find so people who can and just write a song together. I have the feeling you got some potential but almost nobody can create a good song with just a guitar as instrument.
Quote by julien112
It's pretty cool but you should really work this out with drums and bass guitar and stuff. if you can't play those instruments you should find so people who can and just write a song together. I have the feeling you got some potential but almost nobody can create a good song with just a guitar as instrument.

Thanks! Constructive criticism!
I agree that this needs to be more fleshed out. Probably will re-visit this one once I'm a better songwriter and have equipment/people.
Sounds good to me . You could have something there. I'd just need to hear it with some drums and bass. Also some of your transitions are a little rough. The riff at 1:24 is super cool.
Last edited by theTYTAN at Dec 7, 2013,
Quote by theTYTAN
Sounds good to me . You could have something there. I'd just need to hear it with some drums and bass. Also some of your transitions are a little rough.

Thanks I was nervous and because of that my playing kinda sucks and I forgot some parts so I tried to improvise while recording. Still no excuse, I'll keep at it to get better!