I'm pretty sure this is the right place to post this..

My band is buying a PA and I'm having a hard time gathering info from the internet.

We're looking at a PA system that has two 1000w Peavey speakers and a 520W Sunn Head. People on the internet seem conflicted about whether the wattage should be equal or one should be higher than the other or if wattage even matters..?
Please help!

These are the specs for the speakers: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/306365/Peavey-Sp-5g.html

Can't find the head but here's the CL link: Have not gone to sellers to test equipment yet..
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/4224885354.html

Thank you for your help!
Indigo,
Indigoing,
Indigone.
The power of what should be equal or different from the power of what?

Anyway, you should be good about the power judging from the info in the ad.

Oh wait maybe the people on the internet are concerned about the ratio between the amp's power and the speakers' maximum power handling.
Ideally, you would have an amp with a power equal to your speakers' maximum handling.
In the real world, staying a bit lower with your amp's power is a good idea, you never know.
If each of the two speakers are rated to work at 1kW each, you should be good in each case.
If they are 500W each instead (I can't really find that) be careful not to turn up the volume while using just one of them, or even better, always use the two of them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
My apologies. You're correct, I meant the power of the head should be equal to the speakers, or should one be higher. The speakers on the back say "1000W Max, 500W Program"
I have no idea what that means.

That was helpful input though, thank you!
Indigo,
Indigoing,
Indigone.
Oooow what an infamy, they're 500W RMS and 1kW peak.

That means they are designed to run at 500W with peaks up to 1kW, though they're advertised as 1kW speakers.
Ya know speakers are usually rated at RMS power handling.

Well anyway that means you're good with the power thing, you can even plug in one cab at a time without any fear.

Though you're good with that indeed, I'm sorry but I can't really say if that's a good deal.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.