hi all,
i am new to this, so i apologize for any mistakes.

I am a left handed guitar player and i hail from mumbai, india.
Being a left handed, it is real difficult to choose from guitars since you have a very limited choice.

I hav had an acoustic guitar for the past 3yrs and i planning to get an electric.This is gona be my first electric guitar and i hav no plans of buying any other for the next few YEARS (Not earning, and parents not gona lend me money ).

I hav narrowed down my search to these two guitars:

BC RICH WARLOCK NJ DELUXE LEFT HANDED:

http://bcrich.com/models/guitars/Warlock/Warlock-NJ-Deluxe/106

IBANEZ RG370DXZL:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page13.php?area_id=3&data_id=88&color=CL01&year=2013&cat_id=1&series_id=147

Plz help me decide among these two, any suggestions are welcomed!!
My budget is not more than $900 and i will be learning thrash and melodic death genre.
thanx
For your genre, I'd take the Warlock. You will most likely benefit of the active EMGs Pickups, which Kirk Hammet (Metallica) uses. Have you had any experiences with electric gutiars so far?
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Quote by Dragonfyre137
For your genre, I'd take the Warlock. You will most likely benefit of the active EMGs Pickups, which Kirk Hammet (Metallica) uses. Have you had any experiences with electric gutiars so far?

Not really, my friends do hav some electrics but al right handed... i do try playing them just for fun... besides shops here dont hav left handed electric guitars to try them out...

bdw: did u hav issues with your bridge?? Ibanez's hav some off tuning issues(according to what i hav researched)
Last edited by digzou at Dec 7, 2013,
Most cheap guitars with tremolos will have tuning issues. Both the BC Rich and Ibanez will probably have some issues with tuning.

Personally I think that unless you're going to get a high end guitar with a really good trem in it that it's best to stay away from them entirely.

I'd go for a Schecter myself something like this http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/schecter/11/active/Blackjack_SLS_C-1_1044.htm
Bc rich these days are bad. Ive had my share (im a lefty as well). The quality of the bc rich guitars arent what they were in the 80's. Im a fender guy myself. I wouldnt get anything with a liscensed floyd rose. They are poor in quality. Ibanez makes decent guitars though.
Quote by AlanD
Bc rich these days are bad. Ive had my share (im a lefty as well). The quality of the bc rich guitars arent what they were in the 80's. Im a fender guy myself. I wouldnt get anything with a liscensed floyd rose. They are poor in quality. Ibanez makes decent guitars though.

The BC Rich has an OFR, or that's what the site says. But I guess it's either the Korean made one or the FR Special (though usually it says FR Special, not OFR, if it's FR Special). But whatever, my Charvel has a Korean made FR and it stays perfectly in tune, even after some serious whammy bar abuse.

I have heard that low end BC Riches are crap but the higher end models are pretty good. And the guitar TS is looking at isn't a low end BC Rich.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I own a Malden Bad Karma, and noticed Adirondack had some lefties on sale:
http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/malden/uber.htm

They're nice- the HBs are a bit hotter than normal; 2 volume & tone controls, with individual coil-splitting for loads of tonal options; nice ergonomics & a matte black finish that feels good in the hands. And that price is pretty good.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
When i saw the possible choices of left handed guitars, i decided to play as a right handed ^^
Quote by MaggaraMarine
The BC Rich has an OFR, or that's what the site says. But I guess it's either the Korean made one or the FR Special (though usually it says FR Special, not OFR, if it's FR Special). But whatever, my Charvel has a Korean made FR and it stays perfectly in tune, even after some serious whammy bar abuse.

I have heard that low end BC Riches are crap but the higher end models are pretty good. And the guitar TS is looking at isn't a low end BC Rich.

The specs say it has the Original Floyd Rose.. So i think that should be right

What Would you consider as a cheap guitar?
Last edited by digzou at Dec 7, 2013,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I own a Malden Bad Karma, and noticed Adirondack had some lefties on sale:
http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/malden/uber.htm

They're nice- the HBs are a bit hotter than normal; 2 volume & tone controls, with individual coil-splitting for loads of tonal options; nice ergonomics & a matte black finish that feels good in the hands. And that price is pretty good.

I visited this page, but the they specified its wood as NATO, where as the official bc rich site mentions as Mohagony. This confused me. Besides can anybody tel me what if the store sold any old model, how would I come to know about it?
Quote by icronic
Most cheap guitars with tremolos will have tuning issues. Both the BC Rich and Ibanez will probably have some issues with tuning.

Personally I think that unless you're going to get a high end guitar with a really good trem in it that it's best to stay away from them entirely.

I'd go for a Schecter myself something like this http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/schecter/11/active/Blackjack_SLS_C-1_1044.htm

How about an ibanez or bcr without the tremolo?
Quote by MaggaraMarine

Below what price could they be crap?
I am planning to buy one with a tremolo only for the reason that i am not sure when would i be replacing the guitar later.. Any one share anything about ibanezs??
Quote by digzou
I visited this page, but the they specified its wood as NATO, where as the official bc rich site mentions as Mohagony. This confused me. Besides can anybody tel me what if the store sold any old model, how would I come to know about it?

Hmmm..not seeing "NATO", that link to site says "- Full mahogany body and set-in neck construction with rosewood fretboard"...

Did you quote the wrong post?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Hmmm..not seeing "NATO", that link to site says "- Full mahogany body and set-in neck construction with rosewood fretboard"...

Did you quote the wrong post?

No i didn't, I was talking about the bc rich warlock though. I'll do check the karma
Quote by AlanD

What model did u use? $900+ guitar is a low end one?
Quote by digzou

NATO is a name that describes a wood that is somewhat similar in colour and density to mahogany, but isn't actually part of the mahogany species. They call it 'mahogany' because 'mahogany' sounds better than 'NATO'
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
NATO is a name that describes a wood that is somewhat similar in colour and density to mahogany, but isn't actually part of the mahogany species. They call it 'mahogany' because 'mahogany' sounds better than 'NATO'

Ya, i know that, they are grown in South East Asia and are inexpensive replacements to Mohagony..
I am too lazy to read all the posts. Play right handed. I tried the left handed guitar and restringing it upside down.....it is a mistake for most. Plus you miss out on all the chances to play other guitars. I started playing again and used a right handed guitar and it was much easier.

If you must have a left handed guitar, like my son who is also left handed, choose one you like. To start get something you will enjoy playing. Then as you progress get a better quality guitar.

Good luck!
Quote by digzou
The specs say it has the Original Floyd Rose.. So i think that should be right

What Would you consider as a cheap guitar?

Yeah, I think it's the Korean made Original Floyd Rose (FRT-1000 or something like that), the same tremolo as on my guitar and it stays in tune really well.

And by low end ones I mean the ones that cost less than $500 (or even less). $900 is definitely not a low end model. And the low end ones (Bronze series) are why people hate BC Rich. As you can see, that guitar has pretty good quality parts like EMGs and Floyd Rose.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Yeah, I think it's the Korean made Original Floyd Rose (FRT-1000 or something like that), the same tremolo as on my guitar and it stays in tune really well.

And by low end ones I mean the ones that cost less than $500 (or even less). $900 is definitely not a low end model. And the low end ones (Bronze series) are why people hate BC Rich. As you can see, that guitar has pretty good quality parts like EMGs and Floyd Rose.

Ya mostly I'll stick to this warlock only
Not sure why people post about a guitar they know nothing about. The Warlock NJ Deluxe comes with an FRO(german made). Also it doesn't have tuning issues as someone stated who probably doesn't even own the guitar. I can tell you from my experience from owning this guitar that it's high quality and you won't regret buying one. Here's a pic of mine..

Quote by Blackfire.
Not sure why people post about a guitar they know nothing about. The Warlock NJ Deluxe comes with an FRO(german made). Also it doesn't have tuning issues as someone stated who probably doesn't even own the guitar. I can tell you from my experience from owning this guitar that it's high quality and you won't regret buying one. Here's a pic of mine..

Thats nice man! U got any problems wid it? Since when do you have it? Its real sexy man!
Quote by digzou
Thats nice man! U got any problems wid it? Since when do you have it? Its real sexy man!

Almost 5 months now, and no problems. If you want a guitar for metal, this is it... I was thinking about buying a white one also for a different tuning.
Quote by digzou
No one to shed light on the ibanezs :O

What exactly do you want to know about them?
Quote by JackovSlayer
What exactly do you want to know about them?

Everyone was talkin mostly about the bridge only.. I wanted some reviews or comparisons about both... Besides i happened to find this Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1(non FR)... It has Seymour Duncan blackouts abh1... They sound sick! Made my mind on them...
Quote by digzou
Everyone was talkin mostly about the bridge only.. I wanted some reviews or comparisons about both... Besides i happened to find this Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1(non FR)... It has Seymour Duncan blackouts abh1... They sound sick! Made my mind on them...

B. C. Rich has better floyd and better pickups than Ibanez, that's for sure. I've tried that Warlock once and I think is good. You should try both and see which neck do you like more, I think that's very important.

Yeah, Blackjack could be your best option, but if you like Schecter maybe you should wait for a while, because I read today on their facebook page that they're gonna release a new series in January, Hellraiser Hybrid, it should be something between Hellraiser and SLS series, I guess they will be cheaper than blackjack ATX and every model will be available lefthand. Check it out.
Quote by JackovSlayer

Yeah, Blackjack could be your best option, but if you like Schecter maybe you should wait for a while, because I read today on their facebook page that they're gonna release a new series in January, Hellraiser Hybrid, it should be something between Hellraiser and SLS series, I guess they will be cheaper than blackjack ATX and every model will be available lefthand. Check it out.

Thats some nice news man! Thanks.. I'll follow their updates
Quote by JackovSlayer

Could you tell me the difference between emg57/66 and Seymour blackouts? The hybrids are supposed to get 57/66 seems.. I couldn't find their comparisons..
Quote by digzou
Could you tell me the difference between emg57/66 and Seymour blackouts? The hybrids are supposed to get 57/66 seems.. I couldn't find their comparisons..

Sorry, I can't tell you anything because I haven't tried them. People seem to like 57/66, at least that's what I've heard and read about them.