I'm a beginner, and I think this is going to be my first guitar, this or a Fender Squier. Which guitar would suit a beginner better?

Id go with the ibanez personally but both are decent starter guitars. I know my Affinity Strat had a awesome neck profile, loved it. If it was 22 frets I would have kept it.
it's preference but between the two i'd go for the ibanez.

the neck will be pretty thin so if that doesn't seem comfy go the other route.

or post a proper thread with your budget, country, preferences in music, etc and get some useful help.

unless of course you're stuck on an island and those are the only two guitars. in which case, email the coast guard and get the hell off of it.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
If that's a Squier Affinity it's going to be thinner around the nut than a standard Stratocaster. This means closer string spacing. I believe the Ibanez is standard string spacing, but I'm not too sure.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Id go with the ibanez personally but both are decent starter guitars. I know my Affinity Strat had a awesome neck profile, loved it. If it was 22 frets I would have kept it.

The seller is asking for $160, comes with an amp, picks, strap, and case. Would this be a steal?