Page 1 of 4
anybody ever do this? I graduate from university in June (hopefully... as long as i dont fail all my exams) and I'm about as burned out as can be. I have this dream of taking a year and just seeing as much of the world as I can. Where are some great places to go either alone or with a friend that aren't extravagantly expensive after grad to satisfy the wanderlust.

I've got a house on the coast in Croatia so obviously Croatia, Italy, and Greece are necessary, as I can cover them all within a week.

I'd like to go to:
- Australia
- India
- Turkey
- Thailand
- Scotland

don't know where else.

go!
Go to Krakow in Poland during Winter.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by behind_you
how would you have the money to do that after university

are you privileged

I've got a house on the coast in Croatia

I think that answers it

Quote by behind_you

are you privileged

my dad passed away last year. I have a large chunk of inheritance and my university was already paid for as per his will, so there's no debt to pay off. I wouldn't call it "privileged". I don't mind taking a few thousand and using it to see the world, he loved to travel so I think he'd be encourage it.

doesn't mean I don't plan on being sensible. It's why I'm looking to go places that aren't outrageously expensive.

Quote by macashmack
I bench 170 now, trying to get it up to 190 by end of january.

190? c'mon son. set it at 200 like a REAL man.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 7, 2013,
Quote by Trowzaa
I think that answers it
But he says he wants to go to other countries that aren't croatia

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
my dad passed away last year. I have a large chunk of inheritance and my university was already paid for as per his will, so there's no debt to pay off. I wouldn't call it "privileged".

doesn't mean I don't plan on being sensible. It's why I'm looking to go places that aren't outrageously expensive.
oh damn sorry to hear about that.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I've got a house on the coast in Croatia so obviously Croatia, Italy, and Greece are necessary, as I can cover them all within a week.

#middleclass
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
my dad passed away last year. I have a large chunk of inheritance and my university was already paid for as per his will, so there's no debt to pay off. I wouldn't call it "privileged". I don't mind taking a few thousand and using it to see the world, he loved to travel so I think he'd be encourage it.

Sorry to hear that, bud. Have you considered inter-railing? It's a train pass that lets you go anywhere in Europe for up to 4 weeks. You obviously have that house in Croatia, but you can fly to Spain or Portugal or something and work your way over.

http://www.interrail.eu/?gclid=CNHXmqTXn7sCFU_ItAodGicAlA
Quote by behind_you

are you privileged

this is what I've always wondered

EDIT: oh, just read shiny's post. That sucks :/
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by behind_you
But he says he wants to go to other countries that aren't croatia

to be fair, that IS my starting base, and the place I will retreat to when I realize that I have no idea how to speak the language in a country that i'm in and therefore can't even get food for myself
but for real, poland in winter is beautiful.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
to be fair, that IS my starting base, and the place I will retreat to when I realize that I have no idea how to speak the language in a country that i'm in and therefore can't even get food for myself

how much does a house in croatia cost in canada money
Quote by Trowzaa
but for real, poland in winter is beautiful.

croatian and polish are also somewhat similar. you can kinda almost understand what each other are saying. I'll toss that one on the list
Quote by Thrashtastic15
#middleclass

Uhhh having a summer European home is NOT middle class nigga.
My God, it's full of stars!
ill travl ur mums world uunoimsayin hehhh

I'd like to travel at least to France and Scotland.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Dreadnought
Uhhh having a summer European home is NOT middle class nigga.

congratulations on figuring out the joke.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
how much does a house in croatia cost in canada money

not that much, I don't think. Its in Dalmatia, which is coastline but its still kinda "undiscovered". if you go out into the capital (Zagreb) the house prices get ridiculous, but where we are (Zadar) its not too much. My grandparents were born in Croatia, grandpa inherited the land from his father. Him and his cousins built it themselves. They never had money so I really don't think it cost very much to build, especially back in the 70s when it was built

Quote by beefcake122
stupid idea, absolute waste of money unless you're a rich ******

what? I'd rather blow money on seeing the world than spending it on a car or some nonsense. some people go out and buy themselves a ridiculous watch after grad that they never wear. I'd rather go see the world.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
not that much, I don't think. Its in Dalmatia, which is coastline but its still kinda "undiscovered". if you go out into the capital (Zagreb) the house prices get ridiculous, but where we are (Zadar) its not too much. My grandparents were born in Croatia, grandpa inherited the land from his father. Him and his cousins built it themselves. They never had money so I really don't think it cost very much to build, especially back in the 70s when it was built

how much is "not that much" i am curious. have to ask mr mustang
I'd love to do this too. I graduate in May. Wanna do this together?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

what? I'd rather blow money on seeing the world than spending it on a car or some nonsense. some people go out and buy themselves a ridiculous watch after grad that they never wear. I'd rather go see the world.

spend it on going to school
if school's already taken care of you're a rich ******
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake122

lol wat
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
congratulations on figuring out the joke.

What a shit joke. Too much weed for you. Not even once
Quote by beefcake122

i.... i don't understand, I'm graduating and that's why I'm doing this. I've already finished school

Quote by Thrashtastic15
how much is "not that much" i am curious. have to ask mr mustang

$250 000? maybe? I honestly couldn't tell you accurately. if I'm not mistaken, you live in the same area as me. There are townhouses around here that cost more. It's honestly not very much, its just a beautiful place.
Quote by beefcake122

If he was rich he would have grown up one city to the west, get with the program.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i.... i don't understand, I'm graduating and that's why I'm doing this. I've already finished school

Duh, do more school, idiot. Obviously you didn't learn anything
Quote by Thrashtastic15
If he was rich he would have grown up one city to the west, get with the program.

Oakville? FU CK oakville

Mississwaga and Brampton is where its at

what I'm confused about is why people seem to think I'm loaded because I wanna travel. I could travel with a backpack and not a penny in my pocket if necessary.
Quote by beefcake122
college, technical school, whatever

No, I know what you meant.

What I can't understand is your apparent scorn.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I graduate a year from now, but you can take me if you want (to pay for everything)
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
How is China not on your list?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Oakville? FU CK oakville

Mississwaga and Brampton is where its at

See? No rich guy is going to rep Brampton lol.

Born in Oakville btw.

and go to belgium and the netherlands.
Quote by beefcake122
college, technical school, whatever

you must not have been through university. fun fact, its a scam. grad school is just another way for them to leave you an extra $50 000 in the hole. I may do a college program afterwards if necessary, but I really don't think so. I went to U of T, if I can't get a job with that, going to Guelph Humber for another 2 semesters isn't going to help.

Quote by TunerAddict
How is China not on your list?

my cousin had a.... bad experience

He went for a year to teach english and it was just a never ending nightmare.

I'd like to see the great wall, but I've been warned pretty sternly about China.
Quote by K'Nuckles
250k? TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY K!? Mate that's BARE dolla.

Again, not an expression
Page 1 of 4