25 17%
hipster single-location burger joint
23 15%
"I don't eat burgers. OP is gay"
12 8%
Voters: 150.
Page 1 of 6
inspired by the fries thread.

what's north america's best fast food burger.

The obvious correct response is the A&W Spicy Avocado Teen Burger, but I'm sure the rest of you have some responses that conflict with this obvious fact.
five guys man. that shit is delish

but holy tits i havent been to an a&w in forever i wonder if the one near me is still open
Quote by Thrashtastic15
harveys yo.

I heard a rumor once that their burgers show up at the kitchens in liquid form in a squeeze bag. I've been turned off harveys ever since then.
We have Mcdonald's and BK, both are terrible burgers. Home made burgers are the winners.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I heard a rumor once that their burgers show up at the kitchens in liquid form in a squeeze bag. I've been turned off harveys ever since then.

nonsense. one of my first jobs was there. burger is a cut above most of the main canadian options imo although its a little more expensive.
Quote by Malchius
We have Mcdonald's and BK, both are terrible burgers. Home made burgers are the winners.

the angry whopper is pretty awesome. although the last time I had one, I insisted on making it as hot as possible with the spicy buffalo sauce and nearly shit myself to death later that night.

speaking of McDonalds, who here remembers the Big Xtra. Goddamn that was an awesome burger to grow up with. Can't get them around these parts anymore.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 8, 2013,
The double-double from In 'n' Out is the best - grilled onions, ketchup, mustard, pickles, no thousand island sauce.
The problem is the Whopper is that it is a tiny, tiny patty in a massive, massive bun.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Carl Jr's burgers are pretty insane stuff. I really enjoy In and Out as well.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
How the hell is In n Out not on here?

I think most people will say 5 Guys but they have no taste.

Anyways the best burger I've ever had is at Dogfish Head.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
^I can believe it. Even frozen packaged burgers can be DELICIOUS if you're good with the grill.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by K'Nuckles

I love the 8% more beef on the box. Does that mean less horse?
Quote by K'Nuckles
*burgers on the grill at home*

well, yeah, obviously. But we're talking about fast food here. The first time I get to fire up the barbecue to make some burgers in summer is generally one of my favorite days of the year.

the BEST burger i've ever had in my entire life was a packaged frozen burger patty from Longo's (its a small grocery chain in the GTA, Ontario) grilled up in my backyard.
Quote by Xiaoxi
^I can believe it. Even frozen packaged burgers can be DELICIOUS if you're good with the grill.

It's more about the company and good times, but we do make a little cash go a long way. We'll skimp on the actual meat and launch some good cheese on it and toast the buns. Always ends up being great.

Quote by Malchius
I love the 8% more beef on the box. Does that mean less horse?

I imagine so. I didn't give two shits about the horse thing though, check out what I bought at the Cardiff ale festival:

————————————————————————————————————————————
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
well, yeah, obviously. But we're talking about fast food here. The first time I get to fire up the barbecue to make some burgers in summer is generally one of my favorite days of the year.

the BEST burger i've ever had in my entire life was a packaged frozen burger patty from Longo's (its a small grocery chain in the GTA, Ontario) grilled up in my backyard.

you wait till summer to fire up the grill? learn how to canadian

Quote by K'Nuckles

I would love to try this. Eating one of every animal is on my bucket list. Its kinda twisted, and people are generally disapproving when I talk about it, but I can't die happy unless I've tasted one of every edible animal.

Quote by MinterMan22

————————————————————————————————————————————
you wait till summer to fire up the grill? learn how to canadian

I'm driving around a 420 horsepower mustang on all-season tires all through the winter, I figured people would cut me a little slack about not bbq'ing in the winter

EDIT: also, in terms of Canadianness, my indian neighbours put every Canadian-born person I know to absolute shame. they moved to Canada from India like 5 years ago, they'll fire up the barbecue in -35 degree whether, wear shorts and sandals year round, ride bikes in january, and generally completely disregard any notion of "cold". They simply do not give one single shit about it being "cold" or "snowy". fearless.
No I didn't care about the horse thing, I just thought the whole thing was funny.

What does the jerkey taste like?
Shinysides, the best animal I've ever eaten has to be camel. Those things know how to taste good.

It's very strong and almost a bit gamey, although you can definitely tell it's been Guinness'd to shit. They had 15 flavours there and I just asked for whatever he recommended. It's a lot stringier than ordinary beef jerky I think, but it certainly isn't bad at all. Should've seen the controversy it created when I uploaded it to my Facebook.
Last edited by K'Nuckles at Dec 8, 2013,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

longos is legit
Quote by K'Nuckles
It's more about the company and good times, but we do make a little cash go a long way. We'll skimp on the actual meat and launch some good cheese on it and toast the buns. Always ends up being great.

I imagine so. I didn't give two shits about the horse thing though, check out what I bought at the Cardiff ale festival:

That packaging.
Big Kahuna Burgers.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by Thrashtastic15
the best meat ive ever had was moose

I want to try moose as well, they don't tend to come anywhere near the south of England though.

^Good shout, may get some in the near future.
Last edited by Malchius at Dec 8, 2013,
anyone in brampton/mississauga/toronto know about Sonny's? if you've never been to Sonny's on queen street, your life is nothing. possibly the best 2am drunk-and-high-beyond-all-reason burger in the entire country. its also next to a Burrito Boyz. end of story.

heeeeeelll yes.
I can buy all sorts of exotic meat in Cardiff market. Granted, it's all packaged in a freezer but still. I could go out in a few hours and buy kangaroo, crocodile, ostrich, kudu, antelope... I'm sure I've seen moose as well at some point.
There was this great local place that made incredibly good, home made burgers and fries in the town center where I live. I still haven't tasted a burger that could compete with those. sadly they got greedy and decided to "renovate" the place and make everything more expensive and they went out of business.
five guys but for just meat in general cant beat moose meat at anything
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.