http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/investigation-uncovers-shorter-than-advertised-sandwiches-at-subway?ocid=msnnws

Trickery is afoot in the sandwich biz.

According to an undercover investigation conducted by the New York Post, Subway—the beloved American fast food chain—is bilking customers by providing shorter sandwiches than it advertises.

Following up on a tip from a muckraking Australian diner, the Post found that four of the seven supposedly "Footlong" sandwiches it ordered in various New York City Subways clocked in at 11 or 11.5 inches.

Discuss.

#JerseyMikes #5Dollar11inchLong #Bamboozled
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
i knew something funny was going on at that sandwich shop. they all said i was crazy. i never did a crazy thing in my life before that night. why is it, when you kill a man in the heat of battle, its called murder, yet, when you kill a man in the heat of passion, its called murder?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
The day I complain about losing 0.5 inches off a sub is the day you can blow my brains out.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Sure, but still.. I mean, they're advertising 12" of carbs, fake meat, wilted veggies, and weak sauces sub, they should be giving a full 12". It's unscrupulous.
I measured a sandwich I got from subway once because I always thought they were a bit bigger then a ruler. Sure enough it was just over 13 inches. Maybe we're stealing those new yorkers extra inch
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
don't care i just wish jimmy johns had more options like subway does.

plus, every other subway is absolutely gross. there are 2 in my town, and one of them is great. you can see the bread baking, the veggies are always fresh, etc. the other one is disgusting.. veggies have always been sitting out for a while, everything's kinda stale and blech.
Finally news the New York Post can provide!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by progdude93
don't care i just wish jimmy johns had more options like subway does.

plus, every other subway is absolutely gross. there are 2 in my town, and one of them is great. you can see the bread baking, the veggies are always fresh, etc. the other one is disgusting.. veggies have always been sitting out for a while, everything's kinda stale and blech.

There's quite a few here, the one by my house is great but a few of them are shit. There's one downtown which closes at either 10 or 11 pm which makes no sense because the others are open til midnight, you'd think it'd be the other way around.. but they keep their cold top refrigerator on way too high (or low, I guess), and the veggies are so cold when you bite into them they hurt your teeth and are really crunchy.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
yeah, they've got real consistency issues with the franchisees. which is weird, considering they're the largest chain in the WORLD.
i always thought Subway was pretty good, Jimmy Johns is better by a mile though.

Yeah I have a brain and have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting so this really doesn't matter to me.

If you go to one subway fairly regularly and always get shitty subs (same staff), the best thing you can do is order a double meatball sub on flatbread and laugh as the staff loses all hope in life trying to keep the sub together.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Dec 8, 2013,
I need to try a Jimmy John's. I had it once, but I was blacked out drunk, and don't remember.
a whole inch missing off their sandwiches though? for shame. someone out there really got shafted when they only got 11 inches when they really wanted 12.

This story is almost a year old now OP. What took you so long?

In fact, I actually remember there being a thread about it way back when.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I really don't care about an inch of subway sandwich, but f'real doe, you're advertising certain specs, and your product doesn't meet those specs. That's cheap, my dude. Cheap.
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Dec 8, 2013,
This is almost a year old. wlcm 2 the intrnet
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by progdude93
yeah, they've got real consistency issues with the franchisees. which is weird, considering they're the largest chain in the WORLD.

Subway the largest franchise in the world? **** off. That should belong to ma boi Mcdonalds.
Last edited by vayne92 at Dec 8, 2013,
Quote by muffinduck01
This story is almost a year old now OP. What took you so long?

In fact, I actually remember there being a thread about it way back when.

I clicked on the cannibal sandwiches on Bing's homepage, and was much more interested in this than people getting E-Coli from raw hamburger.

I'm sorry.
Quote by CaptainRon
Yeah I have a brain and have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting so this really doesn't matter to me.

If you go to one subway fairly regularly and always get shitty subs (same staff), the best thing you can do is order a double meatball sub on flatbread and laugh as the staff loses all hope in life trying to keep the sub together.

yeah i do this type of shit when i get someone who's being a huge dick. double meatball, tons of veggies, and like 4 different kinds of sauce. when they fail miserably because the bread rips open and is just too soggy, say, "sorry, i have to go to class, you're taking too long"

i did this at qdoba once a week for a whole month when my ex-gf worked there. not the most mature thing to do, but damn was it cathartic
Quote by Skynyrd890
I clicked on the cannibal sandwiches on Bing's homepage, and was much more interested in this than people getting E-Coli from raw hamburger.

I'm sorry.

I think the real story here is that someone uses bing
Quote by progdude93
I think the real story here is that someone uses bing

If there's one thing I'll stick up for on the internet, it's bing.

Bing has been solid, and I've got $60 using their rewards system.
Quote by progdude93
are they actually paying people to use their site? are you serious?

If you sign up with their rewards thing, you get like one point ever couple searches. No joke, I've got $60-worth of $5 Amazon cards from the last year of use.

And I really don't see a big difference between Bing and Google, except Bing's background is much nicer, there are fairly interesting news stories at the bottom, and their image search doesn't annoy me as much as Google's. Actual content is fairly similar. Google's map system is obviously better.
yeah but i don't want my searches linked to my name =/

i search for some weird shit at 4am
Quote by progdude93
yeah but i don't want my searches linked to my name =/

i search for some weird shit at 4am

If I counted my private searches, I guarantee you I'd have over $100.

My weird shit happens in private browsing.
If you happen to have online classes or tests, searching for each question is a great way to buffer your points lol.