Page 1 of 3
It's just about that time of year again. That time where we give stuff and get stuff, when the shops are busy and chime with the sound of Slade, Bing Crosby, Mud and The Darkness.

What are you hoping for from santa?
What are you buying for your family/friends? Share your gift ideas. I need them.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
lol, giving stuff

probably just getting a 2ds and some clothes and movies, pretty cool
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Getting my sister something, don't know yet, but I'll sort something out. I'm getting some cash from my parents, which is pretty sweet.

That's really all.
I bought...

For my dad: Logitech speaker system for computah and a mug from Cruz Azul FC
Mom: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7"
Brother: Metroid Other M and the complete All Hail Megatron
Sister: Not sure yet
Quote by Baby Joel
Getting my sister something, don't know yet, but I'll sort something out. I'm getting some cash from my parents, which is pretty sweet.

That's really all.

I'm also getting your sister something.

Me and my brother both throw down and buy our parents gifts together. Also we're writing a song for our mom on top of it because she likes to hear us play.
My girlfriend has done literally all the shopping for her family and mine, and all my money is gone.

Now I have no money to get her anything.

It's a good thing I just started a new job last week. I'll have like $300 to spend on her next week. Hope I can find SOMETHING good. She wants some Sting, a sword from LOTR, Blu-Ray box set of Harry Potter and LOTR, Bookshelves, and a laptop cooling pad. So I guess that's what I'm buying? Hopefully the sword store near me has Sting.

As for me, I just had to make up a bunch of shit that I don't need, because I don't need anything (but she insists on getting me stuff). So I might be getting a bow and arrows, a weight vest, driving gloves, and some random shit from thinkgeek.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Dec 8, 2013,
Quote by macashmack
I'm also getting your sister something.

Her husband is black, from London, and works out extensively.
Tread lightly.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
lol, giving stuff

yeah, money is tight
luckily my brother has some money so that helps, we often give stuff from both of us, where he supplies the money and I supply the initiative to go out and buy something

I don't really want stuff for christmas, my mum mentioned buying driving lessons and that would be useful
she'll probably get me some clothes too, which is nice
Quote by Baby Joel
Her husband is black, from London, and works out extensively.
Tread lightly.

I'm less intimidated by black men then I am from white men. But lo, I am a man of honor so I don't go for married women.
Racist.

He pulled off a very convincing Mr T (with a London accent) last Halloween, if that makes a difference. Probably doesn't.

Good lad with honour though. Respect 2 u bruv.
I'm gonna get my mum a rice cooker
but I also need to find something that doesnt say 'hey, make me food'
also a bottle of Southern Comfort probably
Family are easy. With the exception of my mum, money or vouchers is the only thing they want really. Bundled with some nice sweets or toiletry sets of course. It's boring and I don't feel particularly great about not getting an actual present but there really is nothing else to get them.

Girlfriend is harder to buy for. Got her an Adventure Time encyclopedia thing already and she likes keeping a journal so I'll probably have a wander about the Christmas market and see what I can get that relates to that. Also going out for enchilladas at some point because it just isn't Christmas without enchilladas.
yeah there are some fancy overpriced journals in the St Enoch market, iirc
I've talked with my family about those Nexus tablet things a few times in such a way that it might look like I'm dropping some serious hints

but I'm not sure if I'd want a tablet
but I might
lol, getting shit

doesnt even matter that my birthday is ON christmas. niggas round here dont give no shits

but i give family presents because im better than that
pinga
Im going 50/50 with my parents on an xbox one, apart from that a few clothes and books just and money from other relatives. I've gone 50/50 with my brother on a book and some dvds for my dad and jewellery for my mum, also got a few clothes, a yankee candle, some soap and glory stuff and a cuddly bear for my girlfriend. That's about it I think
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Hydra150
yeah there are some fancy overpriced journals in the St Enoch market, iirc

Yeah. I was in yesterday and caught a few glimpses of some stuff that she might like but she was with me so I couldn't really get anything then. Also, Glasgow on a Saturday at this time of year is hell. Couldn't have comfortably stopped to browse.

Hopefully I can get the chance to have a better look when I'm in uni this week. Maybe treat myself to a weird burger while I'm at it.
I actually have venison burgers in the fridge
and I didn't even have to queue in the cold for fifteen minutes
I just buy a bottle of Baileys for my Ma and deodorent for me Da like every year , i'm getting GTA V off me Da and Arkham Origins off me Ma.
I'm getting a pedal steel guitar for myself (I'm sure my parents will insist on paying for half or something) if my friend will sell it to me for a reasonable price. He wants like 25 but there's no way that it's worth that much. If I can get him down to 18 I would be happy.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Hydra150
I actually have venison burgers in the fridge
and I didn't even have to queue in the cold for fifteen minutes

I didn't get a good look at what they were offering but if venison is the best they can do that's pretty weak. I love a good bit of venison but I can get that shit at the Co if I want.
nah they have kangaroo and stuff like that too
but I've had venison burgers before that I liked and I haven't heard great things about kangaroo meat so
i would like some loch ness monster burgers do they have that
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I just buy a bottle of Baileys for my Ma and deodorent for me Da like every year , i'm getting GTA V off me Da and Arkham Origins off me Ma.

If they like that cool, but to me it doesn't look like you put much thought in your ma and pa.
Quote by theogonia777
i would like some loch ness monster burgers do they have that

nah, it's an endangered species
we're not barbarians
but kangaroos are not endangered in scotland
Quote by Hydra150
nah they have kangaroo and stuff like that too
but I've had venison burgers before that I liked and I haven't heard great things about kangaroo meat so

I've had a kangaroo fillet at Walkabout. It's okay. Doesn't taste massively different to beef really.
ya my birthday is 5 days after christmas.
out of all 3 of the close holidays (christmas, my birthday, new years) new years is always the best. every year i get a big pizza and some wings from pizza hut (shut up i like them), a gallon of hawaiian punch, and watch the Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy.
well, pizza was only last year. normally it's one of those big gallon boxes of goldfish.

i don't give presents because i'm a poor college student with no source of income. i'm happy to accept presents tho.
the only thing i know for sure i'm getting is a new glass-top PC desk.
didn't ask for anything else specifically, just gave my amazon wishlist(s) to whoever wanted them.
Probably going to get my bestest friend ever in the whole wide world ever some music or going to see Catching Fire. I can't decide really. Maybe both.

I've decided; a Storm Lucid and a Storm Byte is what I want.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Last edited by Mister A.J. at Dec 10, 2013,
Well since I have exactly zero dollars to mine name I won't be giving anything. I will be putting my name on whatever my brother buys my mom though. Dad never wants anything.

As for what I want. Some xbox/ps3 games, and a vinyl or two. I did mention a keyboard but they're really expensive so that's not happening
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by homeless-john
I've had a kangaroo fillet at Walkabout. It's okay. Doesn't taste massively different to beef really.

My brother said the same thing
and added that they've stopped selling them there because it's endangered or something

you ever been to Kublai Khan's in the merchant city? mongolian barbecue place
that was the place to go for exotic meats, but I think they've stopped doing a lot of the interesting ones too
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
You have been failing as a child all these years.

well we get him stuff, but he's always all "how much did this cost? "
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I feel kinda bad but I never got my parents anything except for when we made stuff in school. But my brothers never did til they worked so that'd be weird if it was just me and then I'd probably have to get my dad something too and lol
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Don't know what to get anyone. Haven't done any xmas shopping yet, I usually leave that for when I get back home from school. Got my mom a gift card and tree ornament last year. Maybe another gift card and another sort of christmas decoration? Seems too uninspired.
I normally just make charitable donations in the name of my relatives.
Quote by WCPhils
well we get him stuff, but he's always all "how much did this cost? "

Clearly he wants you to make him something you ignoramus. May I suggest brushing up on your macaroni art.
Page 1 of 3