I've been searching for good unique music for 4 months now. I seriously can't find anything totaly fresh and unique. It seems music is all the same, be it the guitar solos pentatonic rock like crap or general song structures. I cannot find music that excites me.

If anyone one can help at all? I think the guitar sounds the same everywhere.. From Hendrix to Zeppelin to spanish music to all the mainstream metal bands that suck ass.

I want to give up listening to music because it all sounds the same, HELP!?
Look into some progressive metal bands, like Protest the Hero, Converge and Between the Buried and Me, or some alternative rock stuff like The Orphan The Poet, Icarus the Owl, and A Lot Like Birds (Albeit I think A Lot Like Birds is actually progressive, not alternative rock, but just bare with me).

Edit: You're probably not looking hard enough. You can also use Last.fm and use their "similar artists" feature; it helped me a couple of times back years ago finding bands.
Last edited by Lifesign at Dec 8, 2013,
It's because we as humans tend to favor certain sounds over others, and with the age of technology it because radically easier to record those. Naturally, as is the case now, our musical culture is saturated with music that is largely very similar, nothing you can do about it.

Stop trying to look for unique things in music, because, that is a meaningless task.

Dude. Listen to the Tiger Lillies. Most unique band i know of.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
It sounds like you're only looking for new music in the same genre, try expanding and looking for new genres instead and I'm sure you'll find totally different sounding bands.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
sleepytime gorilla museum
ebonylake
in lingua mortua
peccatum
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Dec 8, 2013,
Quote by Rensa
I've been searching for good unique music for 4 months now. I seriously can't find anything totaly fresh and unique. It seems music is all the same, be it the guitar solos pentatonic rock like crap or general song structures. I cannot find music that excites me.

If anyone one can help at all? I think the guitar sounds the same everywhere.. From Hendrix to Zeppelin to spanish music to all the mainstream metal bands that suck ass.

I want to give up listening to music because it all sounds the same, HELP!?

So you listen to Mainstream Rock, Folk Music and Mainstream Metal music and are surprised that it all kinda sounds the same?

lol
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I think ambient music is a great way to refresh from my normal prog/metal stuff I listen too. I actually really really like ambient. Its great to smoke to also haha.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Philip Sayce!

Well it also is Guitars, bass and drums...
Maybe look for oriental music if you dont like it
Quote by wildlettuce88

I wish I was friends with this man, so he could play his music around me and teach me stuff.

He literally has more musical ability in one pinky than most musicians have in an entire hand.
Maybe the future you seek OP is in the past.

Why not listen to something from the past OP? There's centuries of music at your fingertips if you have a stable internet connection. You could try some old Hank Williams, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Robert Johnson, The Beatles, Wes Montgomery, Bach. Hell, maybe you should listen to some Hip-Hop.

Personally, I don't think any band really sounds like Wilco. Your parameters are quite broad, so you might be able to ask anyone, "What kind of music do you like?" and get something you've never heard of.
There has been abundant Diablo iii Gold aforesaid regarding the new talent system of Diablo three and attribute restrictions. There area unit abundant mixed feeling regarding what Blizzard has set to try and do with the sport skill/attribute wise.They have set to require away what matters most in Associate in Nursing RPG game, personal attribute choice, however at identical time has created a decent compromise by runestones and talent choice.
You could alway try listening to to Mr. Bungle or Fantomas. Mike Patton is an acquired taste though so YMMV.
My latest discovery is The Flaming Lips try Do you realize ,Feeling your self disintegrate, or What is the light . Quartermass is great they are a band from the 60s early 70s ,just bass organ and drums . The 1st Quicksilver album The Fool is amazing .
Quote by Lifesign
Look into some progressive metal bands, like Protest the Hero, Converge and Between the Buried and Me, or some alternative rock stuff like The Orphan The Poet, Icarus the Owl, and A Lot Like Birds (Albeit I think A Lot Like Birds is actually progressive, not alternative rock, but just bare with me).

Edit: You're probably not looking hard enough. You can also use Last.fm and use their "similar artists" feature; it helped me a couple of times back years ago finding bands.

Prog metal is a good shout, Tesseract as well are pretty damn good.

Might be worth a shot looking for various covers of songs in different styles, there's a girl on YouTube called vkgoeswild (?) who covers metal songs on piano, it gives it a really neat twist