I'm having some issues with recording my acoustic guitar with a MXL 441. I have the mic going through my mixer and then from the mixer I have the record out going into my computer. I'm using Audacity and I know people give it a lot of shit, but I like it over Ableton tbh. Anyway, the problem is that I keep getting this super distorted buzzing sound almost and it's about to drive me mad. HELP!!!
Do you have an interface?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Mixers =/= Interfaces. How is the mixer connected to your PC?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
The Rec Out on the mixer has a red&white plug in that goes from R&W->headphone size jack and then I plug the headphone sized in into my computer's microphone jack. Shouldn't that work?
No. Go read the interfaces sticky.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Dang it, I don't understand why the way I have it set-up won't work though. To me it seems to be about the same thing as the audio interface, other than the latency issue.
That input on your computer isn't designed for the things you're trying to put through it. It's designed for skype mics and things like that. That's why it isn't working.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Ah, alright. I guess I'll just suck it up and buy an audio interface. Not like I have much of a choice anyway lol.